Windows 10: Windows 10 seach bar - i can't find my file unless I click 'Documents' tab instead of 'All'

Discus and support Windows 10 seach bar - i can't find my file unless I click 'Documents' tab instead of 'All' in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi. I have quite strange issue: For example I have a file on my personal OneDrive. it is called "Jeep maintenance.xlsx". When I press windows key and... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AntonViktorov, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 seach bar - i can't find my file unless I click 'Documents' tab instead of 'All'

Hi.

I have quite strange issue:
    For example I have a file on my personal OneDrive. it is called "Jeep maintenance.xlsx".

When I press windows key and type "Jeep" or "Jeep maintenance" I get nothing.

Windows 10 seach bar - i can't find my file unless I click 'Documents' tab instead of 'All' ac9f489c-2d60-4c6e-b42e-2cc9641bae93?upload=true.png

However, by accident I learned that I get my file when I click 'Documents' tab...

Windows 10 seach bar - i can't find my file unless I click 'Documents' tab instead of 'All' 65618e34-6d90-4d58-8c9c-1503c2ed4d0c?upload=true.png

This is very strange, I suppose All is superior than Documents...

The more strange behaviour is that its 50% chance i get this file. another 50% shows me another one:

Windows 10 seach bar - i can't find my file unless I click 'Documents' tab instead of 'All' 95f788a9-3daf-451c-b59d-84fd887a6f60?upload=true.png

This is weird and drives me crazy. How do i get my file in 'ALL' and how to get stable results?

Thank you.

P.S. more on my setup - i have both personal and enterprise onedrives plus i have several document libraries from sharepoint synchronized. thanks

:)

AntonViktorov, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 seach bar - i can't find my file unless I click 'Documents' tab instead of 'All'

IE11 - No Tabs, No Favorites Bar

My Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 has gone very strange.

• I have no Favorites Bar; I know how to toggle it on and off, but it will not come back
      • my Favorites are still there in the Favorites Menu bar tab (Menu Bar and Status Bar appears to be the
        only Bars I can turn on and off)
    • I have only one Tab, and can't see any others - even thought they are there somewhere - as the Taskbar Icon preview shows.

Steps I have taken to fix this:

• restored Advanced Settings via Internet Options Advanced - and reboot
    • reset IE11 settings completely via Internet Options Advanced - and reboot
    • removed IE11 completely via CP, Programs and Features, Windows Features - and reboot
    • reinstall IE11 via CP, Programs and Features, Windows Features - and reboot

None of these steps made any difference.

I don't know what else to try.

Any ideas?

NeilCameron1215, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 seach bar - i can't find my file unless I click 'Documents' tab instead of 'All'

1. Windows 10 seach bar - i can't find my file unless I click 'Documents' tab instead of 'All' - Similar Threads - seach bar can't

2. I can't find my file folder with all of my microsoft word 2013 documents in it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't find my file folder with all of my microsoft word 2013 documents in it.: I've searched everywhere on my Dell inspiron 14 laptop and tried several Google, Bing and Microsoft suggestions but I haven't been able to find the file folder or any of the files it contained.If someone could please clearly explain where the file folder should be and how I...
  3. I can't find my file folder with all of my microsoft word 2013 documents in it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find my file folder with all of my microsoft word 2013 documents in it.: I've searched everywhere on my Dell inspiron 14 laptop and tried several Google, Bing and Microsoft suggestions but I haven't been able to find the file folder or any of the files it contained.If someone could please clearly explain where the file folder should be and how I...
  4. I can't find my file folder with all of my microsoft word 2013 documents in it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't find a document in my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find a document in my files: I can't find a document in my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-a-document-in-my-files/39d7088c-40a6-403e-b6a5-76b390a5f484
  6. I can't find a document in my files

I can't find a document in my files: I can't find a document in my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-a-document-in-my-files/39d7088c-40a6-403e-b6a5-76b390a5f484
  7. I accidentally clicked "Headphones" instead of "Headset" and I can't find a fix on Windows 11.

I accidentally clicked "Headphones" instead of "Headset" and I can't find a fix on Windows 11.: None of the fixes I found on google or here helped, and I cant find a way to fix it. I also clicked "Don't show again."What I've tried:Going to MaxxAudioPro and clicking the show popup on insert deviceGoing through all the sound settings there areTrying to download Realtek...
  8. seach bar

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    seach bar: When I type in my search bar ,no results found keep coming up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seach-bar/5db47960-0ff1-4d25-bbf2-26553dfe6d74
  9. My exported files won't save to documents anymore, instead they only show up unless I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My exported files won't save to documents anymore, instead they only show up unless I...: I use an editing software that would usually render videos to my documents folder but now my videos won't show up anymore unless I search for them under This PC, which also takes a few minutes to load. :...
  10. I accidentally clicked on immersive reader in my word document. Now, I can't find it in my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I accidentally clicked on immersive reader in my word document. Now, I can't find it in my...: Hello! I am hoping someone can please help me. I was working on a word document and accidentally clicked on immersive reader, not knowing what it actually was. It changed my whole formatting in my word documents. I Googled and watched some Youtube videos on how to delete it....