Windows 10: Windows 10 Seagate 1TB Hard disk unrecognized and not running

Discus and support Windows 10 Seagate 1TB Hard disk unrecognized and not running in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was downloading a game on steam using the sea gate hard drive as the steam library folder because there wasn't enough space on my computer. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by davidhong1, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Seagate 1TB Hard disk unrecognized and not running

I was downloading a game on steam using the sea gate hard drive as the steam library folder because there wasn't enough space on my computer. I accidentally moved the cable, resulting in the hard disk being disconnected. Now the disk doesn't appear in my files, and the hard disk light doesn't light up anymore (When the device first started being unrecognized, the light still came on, but after a few times plugging and unplugging, the light no longer comes on). When it's plugged in, there is the sound of a device being connected but the hard disk doesn't appear under folders. Under devices and printer, the disk appears as BACKUP +. In device manager, under Disk Drives, Seagate BACKUP + SCSI Disk Drive does appear. When the hard disk is first plugged in, it does the usual whirring but after a minute or two the hard disk stops. I've already tried with a different cable and on a different device but for all cases the light doesn't come on and the disk is not shown. What happened and what can I do to fix it or restore my data?

I'm running Windows 10 on a Macbook using bootcamp if that matters at all, and the disk was working perfectly well until it got interrupted mid download.

:)

davidhong1, Jun 25, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Seagate Confirms 1TB Hard Disk Drive

For now 300 terabyte storage devices may sound like science fiction, but again Seagate discovered plans to release 1TB hard disk drive products within 6 months. The 1TB hard disk drive will be based on perpendicular recording technology. The 1TB Barracuda from Seagate Technology is expected to hit the market sometime in the first half of this calendar year. No additional information available.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10 not detecting my seagate 1 TB external hard disk

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the status.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what exactly happen when you try to open the file?

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I would recommend you to connect the external hard disk on different computer and check if you are able to open the files.

I also, suggest you to go to the Disk Management and check if the drive are detecting on the system.

Press Windows + R and type diskmgmt.msc on the box and hit
    Enter.

Method 1.

For now, I suggest you to go to device manager and update Seagate driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Click on Universal Serial Bus to expand, right click on the Seagate
      device and click on Update.
    If the issue still persist, you can try the below method.

Method 2.

I suggest you to connect the SD card to the system and run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f
    Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost. Once Check Disk completes, boot
    the computer and then check.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Seagate 1TB Hard disk unrecognized and not running

has anyone had sucess running the "seagate dashboard" program in windows 10

I am using the latest Windows 10 Home edition 64-bit (version 1703), and because I always had problems with Seagate Dashboard, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Seagate Dashboard with the latest available software that is supposed to be compatible with
    Windows 10 64-bit (version end June 2017) from the manufacturer's website Seagate, but even so it is running extremely slow ! After more than 8 hours, only back up with the external 1 TB Seagate hard disk up to 6% !

Not only that , tired of waiting, I tried to close the Seagate Dashboard, but there were still programs of Seagate running at the background of the operating system (you may check with Task Manager) that provoke the internal hard disk to be working at 100%
    all the time and slow down the performance of my PC. After manually stopping the Seagate programs with Task Manager, only then PC goes back to normal and smooth performance.

I am extremely disappointed about the Seagate Dashboard and its external hard disk of 1TB !

If anyone has any idea or suggestion for a possible solution if any, it will be highly appreciated.

Javier_Ferrer, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Seagate 1TB Hard disk unrecognized and not running

1. Windows 10 Seagate 1TB Hard disk unrecognized and not running - Similar Threads - Seagate 1TB Hard

2. Seagate 1tb really slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate 1tb really slow: I bought a new seagate 1tb external hard drive for my pc and i average around 55-60mb/ps when i download directly to the computer but when i do it to the seagate it averages around 10mb/ps, does anyone have any solutions to this issue?...
  3. Seagate 1tb really slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate 1tb really slow: I bought a new seagate 1tb external hard drive for my pc and i average around 55-60mb/ps when i download directly to the computer but when i do it to the seagate it averages around 10mb/ps, does anyone have any solutions to this issue?...
  4. Seagate 1tb really slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Installation Issues on Hitachi 1TB Hard Disk

Windows 10 Installation Issues on Hitachi 1TB Hard Disk: Hi, I have a desktop with 2 hard disks, the first one is hitachi 1TB Hard Disk and another is Seagate 250 GB Hard disk. Now both the hard disks are empty. And when I try to install Windows 10 by connecting only the 1 TB hard disk, I am not able to see the installation menu...
  6. Unable to Install Windows 10 on Seagate 1TB Disk - Gigabyte Motherboard

Unable to Install Windows 10 on Seagate 1TB Disk - Gigabyte Motherboard: Hi!I am trying to install Windows 10 on a 1TB Seagate disk ST1000DM010-2EP102on a computer with a Gigabyte motherboard A320M-S2H but Windows is not ableto show the disk between the devices available to install.I think this is a Windows 10 problem because the disk is visible...
  7. seagate external hard disk not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    seagate external hard disk not showing up: Hi, Device manager indicates Unknown USB Device device descriptor request failed, Under Mass Storage - Properties - Error Code 45 Other HD and SDs are working good. Can someone help...............................
  8. The primary hard disk becomes unrecognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The primary hard disk becomes unrecognized: I was having problem connecting to Wi-Fi (it said "Can't connect to this network") so I restarted my laptop. It shut down without any problems, then after the BIOS screen wasn't Windows but the screen in text mode with "Reboot and select proper boot device...". After...
  9. Unrecognized disk drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unrecognized disk drive: Hello I have a strange problem : one of my disks has 2 partitions (G: and H:) When I look at Disk Management, they are both displayed but I can only open H: I get a "refused access" when I try to open G: I open a comman windows as administrator - There I can access G:, list...
  10. Unrecognized disk drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unrecognized disk drive: Hello I have a strange problem : one of my disks has 2 partitions (G: and H:) When I look at Disk Management, they are both displayed but I can only open H: I get a "refused access" when I try to open G: I open a comman windows as administrator - There I can access G:, list...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. using a goflex home with windows10