Windows 10: Windows 10 search and settings are scrolling like crazy by itself

Discus and support Windows 10 search and settings are scrolling like crazy by itself in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; idk what's causing it, but i can't type cus it's auto scrolling. it seems to want to go 'down'. it's not my mouse. submitted by /u/BabyPuncher6660... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BabyPuncher6660, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 search and settings are scrolling like crazy by itself

idk what's causing it, but i can't type cus it's auto scrolling. it seems to want to go 'down'. it's not my mouse.

submitted by /u/BabyPuncher6660
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BabyPuncher6660, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Highdown Win User
    Windows 10 Settings App Search Not working

Thank you for providing some suggestions.

I performed step 1, and at the end of the test, it reported "No changes or updates are necessary."

I then performed step 2 and received the same message at the end of the test.

After running the two tests above, I opened up Settings and typed "privacy", which should show some help categories (It does on my other Windows 10 computers). However, on the one computer there is no help information. It states "No result for privacy".
    It appears the Settings app help information list is empty or not found. Typing a single character, e.g., 'p', into the search box displays "No result for p".

Any further suggestions are welcome.

Is there a convenient way to have windows 10 try to repair itself without uninstalling my software and/or loosing all of my personal data.

Regards...

Highdown, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 search and settings are scrolling like crazy by itself

Would like to change the scroll settings in Windows 10.

Hi Paul,

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps on
    how to set your PC like a tablet.

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 search and settings are scrolling like crazy by itself

1. Windows 10 search and settings are scrolling like crazy by itself - Similar Threads - search settings are

2. Windows lagging like crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lagging like crazy: Hi there, I have been using windows 11 for about 2 months and was smooth when I used it for the first time, now it is running, freezing like crazy. My PC has 500 GB Space left, and I use it for mostly MS Teams, everything runs perfectly when MS Teams if not running. It is a...
  3. Windows lagging like crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows lagging like crazy: Hi there, I have been using windows 11 for about 2 months and was smooth when I used it for the first time, now it is running, freezing like crazy. My PC has 500 GB Space left, and I use it for mostly MS Teams, everything runs perfectly when MS Teams if not running. It is a...
  4. Windows search keeps scrolling and in settings too

Windows search keeps scrolling and in settings too: Started once I played a game on my PC with a controller plugged in. After I removed it it started, and even if i restart my PC or reconnect the controller the issue persists....
  5. Windows search keeps scrolling and in settings too

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search keeps scrolling and in settings too: Started once I played a game on my PC with a controller plugged in. After I removed it it started, and even if i restart my PC or reconnect the controller the issue persists....
  6. Windows search keeps scrolling and in settings too

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10 white border scrolling by itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 white border scrolling by itself: Hello! I'm sorry if this isn't the correct category for this question, but I've recently run into this problem and it's really affecting my abilty to do certain things on my PC. I don't know what the right way to describe it is, but basically my PC won't stop scrolling...
  8. Windows 10 scrolling by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 scrolling by itself: Hi, not sure what happened but it started by itself yesterday. My mouse is Logitech I removed it, unplug it, and re-install the driver but still the same problem. I edit mouse scrolling in the registry from 3 to 0 and still keeps scrolling down randomly. I tried a couple of...
  9. Windows Scrolling by itself Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Scrolling by itself Help!: Recently my pc started scrolling down in different menus by itself. Ive already tried unplugging my mouse and keyboard. I've reinstalled the drivers of said mouse and keyboard. Nothing. It only scrolls down in Windows menus. Not in a Chrome page or anything like that. I'd...
  10. Crazy amounts of searches

Crazy amounts of searches: I recently had a virus that wreaked havoc with my laptop. I was putting everything back in order when I noticed how messed up File Explorer was. It has the same folders under different headings. The worse part is under Searches/Everywhere & Searches/Indexed Please tell me...