Windows 10: Windows 10 - Search bar and menu stop working after an hour or so

Discus and support Windows 10 - Search bar and menu stop working after an hour or so in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello,I'm having an issue that has become quite annoying. When I start my PC the menu and the searchbar in the taskbar work without any issues, however... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ween45, May 29, 2021.

1. ween45 Win User

Windows 10 - Search bar and menu stop working after an hour or so

Hello,I'm having an issue that has become quite annoying. When I start my PC the menu and the searchbar in the taskbar work without any issues, however after some time has elapsed and the windows button, menu items and search bar become unusable. I can't type anything in the searchbar and clicking and right clicking items in using the windows menu doesn't work properly. The only things that seem to sort this out for a short amount of time are a restart or I delete some of the associated registry subkeys that I've seen as a solution in another post. I have tried other things mentioned in other

:)

ween45, May 29, 2021
  2. Cursus Win User

Start Bar not working after update install in Windows 10

Hi, tried as you suggest. It starts and says Checking application registration... and the green progress bar just goes on and on (let it run for over two hours) and never gets to the next step. Any other suggestions?

Cursus, May 29, 2021
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, May 29, 2021
  4. Windows 10 - Search bar and menu stop working after an hour or so

Issues with using Search bar not working on Windows 10

Hi Amirek,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with using Search bar on Windows 10. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "My search bar stopped working and despite all of the "fixes" suggested", what are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    • Are you getting any error message when you click on Search bar?
    • Have you install any third party security software on the computer?

Method 1: I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Fix problems with the Start menu

Method 2: Also I recommend you to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue is occurring in it or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 29, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - Search bar and menu stop working after an hour or so

1. Windows 10 - Search bar and menu stop working after an hour or so - Similar Threads - Search bar menu

2. Start Menu and Windows Search bar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu and Windows Search bar not working: My Start Menu and Windows Search bar are not opening up on my Windows 11 HP laptop. I have already tried resetting the device, checking for updates, restarting Windows Explorer, and updating the driver. Unfortunately, nothing seems to work. Please help me with this problem....
  3. After changing font search bar stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After changing font search bar stopped working: So, I have tried to change font in win11 from segoe to mine and search bar stopped working at all.I cant live without search bar, internet saying nothing about that problem, so I've decided to search here.Instractions which I've used in order to change my font:Windows...
  4. Windows 10/11 Windows search bar stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 Windows search bar stopped working after update: In the last few months i faced several cases, where the users were not able to write into any search bars related to the text services framework interface. It took me more than 6 hours to find the problem and a proper permanent solution. The problem itself is caused by a...
  5. So after an hour searching for customer support

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    So after an hour searching for customer support: can anyone tell me how the heck to get in contact with customer support. Its crazy how this keep sending me in circles saying click her to speak with support only to give me a window to the FAQ database...
  6. start menu search bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu search bar not working: Whenever I click on Start or press the Windows key the start menu won't open. Also, I can't use my search bar. Another problem is that most of my programs that I have installed won't open. For example, whenever I click on Word, Excel, or any app it just keep reloading and...
  7. windows 10 search stop working after some hours

in Cortana
    windows 10 search stop working after some hours: Hi, i tried everything in order to fix this issue, loosing hours and days..it works for a 3-4 hours and after that again the same effect...please help.. thanks in advance!...
  8. Start menu and search bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and search bar not working: When I click on start menu or search bar nothing happen's, this is the same when I try to use the windows button to open the start menu but it works for other things such as windows + L to lock the screen. This the same across all account's on my computer even if I create new...
  9. After latest windows update search bar at desktop and in settings menu stopped working.

in Cortana
    After latest windows update search bar at desktop and in settings menu stopped working.: So as I said in a subject after update to version 19041.450 my search bar stopped working. When I type something it just closes. Same thing with a search bar in settings menu. Tried everything I could from the internet nothing helped so far. Those windows updates freaking...
  10. Windows start menu and search bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows start menu and search bar not working: Yesterday I updated a pc to windows 10 version 1909 and applied all the recent updates. After this, when I tried to open the start menu or use the search bar nothing would work. Even the windows key did nothing. Not knowing if this was a standalone fault I updated another pc...