Windows 10: Windows 10 search bar app icons do not work, a white cross with black background is there...

Discus and support Windows 10 search bar app icons do not work, a white cross with black background is there... in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello folksWhen using search bar, icons appear blacked out and with a cross.I have tried to DISM.exe scanhealth-restorehealth-startcomponentcleanup-sfc... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by OmarA.1, Aug 13, 2021.

1. OmarA.1 Win User

Windows 10 search bar app icons do not work, a white cross with black background is there...

Hello folksWhen using search bar, icons appear blacked out and with a cross.I have tried to DISM.exe scanhealth-restorehealth-startcomponentcleanup-sfc scannowI have also tried to reinstall windowsand restart file explorerVersion of windows is:windows 10 pro update : 10.0.19043 build 19043I do not know what to do next?

:)

OmarA.1, Aug 13, 2021
  2. SofiaMika Win User

Cross icon when I search apps on my windows search bar

When I try to search up some apps on my windows search bar I noticed that the apps' icons are not appearing or it appears as a white cross with a black background.
    Windows 10 search bar app icons do not work, a white cross with black background is there... 51aa9266-8a4e-49e7-ae4b-bc40201c9167?upload=true.png

SofiaMika, Aug 13, 2021
  3. some icons shown by a crossed out black rectangle inside a white one

Many icons of programs made by microsoft, such as calculator, have been replaced by a crossed out black rectangle inside a white one whenever you search for them in the search bar. They are normal when pinned to the taskbar and start.

JonathanJi, Aug 13, 2021
  4. Windows 10 search bar app icons do not work, a white cross with black background is there...

There is a black Cross sign rather the desktop app icon

When I typed Task Manager in search bar... I found a cross sign in black background rather than its original icon...

I searched in Google found that the users have a small cross in the original icon... but in my case the original icon is completely replaced by the cross in black background.

Windows 10 search bar app icons do not work, a white cross with black background is there... 7c023e10-5ed0-4bea-995a-879f6b0606d0?upload=true.png

This icon problem is also with many other apps such as command prompt, task scheduler, control panel, audacity, Vlc media player, run, etc.

Almost all the apps are showing this cross icon rather than their original icon.

Only some apps are showing their original icons.

Also, sticky notes was showing this problem but i don't know but it reappeared...

I downloaded VLC Media Player the day before... and I got a sudden slowdown in respond time of my PC after Shutdown.

is this because of this?... is any virus causing this?

Sarabjeet Kaur Kohli, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 search bar app icons do not work, a white cross with black background is there...

1. Windows 10 search bar app icons do not work, a white cross with black background is there... - Similar Threads - search bar app

2. white icons background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  3. white icons background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  4. Black/White Contrast Windows 10 Search Bar Glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black/White Contrast Windows 10 Search Bar Glitch: I've noticed since around last week that my search bar in the bottom right looks like this. When I hover my mouse over it, the search bar changes back to what it normally looks like, but then switches back when I move my mouse off of it. I am assuming this is just a glitch,...
  5. Windows 10 search app icons broken, only white cross on black background

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search app icons broken, only white cross on black background: I recently increased the performance of windows and I felt , hey finally my computer got speeded up but after a day or two I got this but I don't think this is the root cause ....
  6. Cross icon when I search apps on my windows search bar

Cross icon when I search apps on my windows search bar: When I try to search up some apps on my windows search bar I noticed that the apps' icons are not appearing or it appears as a white cross with a black background. [ATTACH]...
  7. File Explorer is Black & White - Search Area is White Text on White Background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer is Black & White - Search Area is White Text on White Background: Just recently updated Windows 10 to version 1903. Now my file explorer is black and white and the search bar near the top is white text on white background. I've used Dark Mode but I've never had this issue. How can I fix this?...
  8. App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results?

App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results?: Since about November, all the icons of my UWP Apps on two of my PCs! suddenly appeared to be "broken". [ATTACH] This is what they look like on the Taskbar [ATTACH] And this is what i get on the search results. Right now they display the default image icon of my Photo...
  9. Windows 10 search app icons broken, only white cross on black background

Windows 10 search app icons broken, only white cross on black background: Hello Community, when i do an Cortana Search on my Windows 10, all App Icons in the search results are broken: [ATTACH] What I tried so far without success: - Reset Icon cache - Reset Thumbnail Cache - dism restorehealth My Windows Version: [ATTACH] Any idea how to...
  10. Windows Apps Icons with white background

Windows Apps Icons with white background: Hello folks, it's the time of the year again - the fresh install of my machine is nearly complete. However, this time, I have applied the Turquoise Icon Set (Turquoise 1.3). While it works flawless on the icons in my explorer.exe, it has messed up the Windows App...