Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results.

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results. in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi. For some reason, my Windows 10 when using a search box on the start menu would keep on showing this weird grey square that covers up the results... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Daniel Recker, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results.

Hi. For some reason, my Windows 10 when using a search box on the start menu would keep on showing this weird grey square that covers up the results screen. This occurs whenever I simply press the windows key and type whatever. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all- as it doesn't show up whenever I move my task bar on the default position and even sometimes the taskbar on the right side.It got really annoying, especially knowing the fact it fixes itself from time to time. Is there any way I can resolve this?

:)

Daniel Recker, Jul 7, 2022
  2. Ge285 Win User

Search icon does not appear on the task bar

I have a laptop and a recently I bought a desktop Pc running windows 10 home edition. The search icon (next to the windows symbol) does not appear on the task bar on the Pc. It does show on the laptop however. Why is it that? I click on the task bar
    with the right button of the mouse and a list appears containing the “search” link on the laptop but that does not appear on the Pc. Also the “cascade windows”, “Show windows stacked” and “show windows side by side” appear grey that is inactive. Both laptop
    and Pc run windows 10 Home edition. Could it be something wrong with the installation? I bought the Pc (a Dell inspiron) recently and today I installed the software. But why is it that the search icon does not show on the task bar and actually it is missing
    from the list that appears when I click on the task bar with the right button of the mouse? Any help would be welcome.

Ge285, Jul 7, 2022
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Jul 7, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results.

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results. a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Jul 7, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results.

1. Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results. - Similar Threads - Search Bar appearing

2. Snipping tool, grey overlay results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool, grey overlay results: Hi there, I'm having problem with Snipping tool, it's producing snipping result with grey overlay.My system is Win11 Enterprise.ThanksGary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-grey-overlay-results/c0a08d1b-916b-4361-a3a7-f43745b8652b
  3. Snipping tool, grey overlay results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool, grey overlay results: Hi there, I'm having problem with Snipping tool, it's producing snipping result with grey overlay.My system is Win11 Enterprise.ThanksGary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-grey-overlay-results/c0a08d1b-916b-4361-a3a7-f43745b8652b
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results.: Hi. For some reason, my Windows 10 when using a search box on the start menu would keep on showing this weird grey square that covers up the results screen. This occurs whenever I simply press the windows key and type whatever. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all- as it...
  5. Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results.

Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results.: Hi. For some reason, my Windows 10 when using a search box on the start menu would keep on showing this weird grey square that covers up the results screen. This occurs whenever I simply press the windows key and type whatever. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all- as it...
  6. Windows Search only shows grey overlay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search only shows grey overlay: Hi!Whenever I've used my PC for a longer period of time, it tends to fall back to the same problem, of the search results being covered by a grey overlay as shown in the pictures that goes away after I clicked on it.This isn't really a problem since it disappears after...
  7. Windows Search only shows grey overlay

Windows Search only shows grey overlay: Hi!Whenever I've used my PC for a longer period of time, it tends to fall back to the same problem, of the search results being covered by a grey overlay as shown in the pictures that goes away after I clicked on it.This isn't really a problem since it disappears after...
  8. Windows Search only shows grey overlay

in Cortana
  9. My search bar is appearing weirdly

in Windows 10 Customization
    My search bar is appearing weirdly: Why is the search bar appearing like this ? How to solve this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-is-appearing-weirdly/25d61a77-eba5-4ff0-ad3c-dbd5fd852b15
  10. Random Bing Results appear on Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Bing Results appear on Search Bar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MysteryBoBCat69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ipzwcy/random_bing_results_appear_on_search_bar/