Windows 10: Windows 10 search bar bug!

Discus and support Windows 10 search bar bug! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/prodTheTagRapper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0u4r4/windows_10_search_bar_bug/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/prodTheTagRapper, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 search bar bug!

/u/prodTheTagRapper, Sep 27, 2020

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 27, 2020
  3. I_askYou Win User
    Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Menemsha Win User

Windows 10 search bar bug!

Two steps to get to Google search bar with favourites, rather than one

Running Windows 10.
    Not familiar with terminology but since having a bug cleared from computer, now when I click the Google Chrome icon on bottom task bar it takes me to google.com.au Then I have to click the + icon at the top to take me to New Tab with blank google search bar at top and the middle with my favourites listed across the top and in the middle.
    In other words two steps instead of one.

I can't figure out how to get to what I had originally with all my favourites listed at first click.

Can someone help me please.
    Thanks

Menemsha, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 search bar bug!

1. Windows 10 search bar bug! - Similar Threads - search bar bug

2. WIndows Explorer - Search Bar BUG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows Explorer - Search Bar BUG: The Windows Explorer search bar exhibits a design flaw where folder names longer than the available space are truncated, leading to a poor user experience. Instead of displaying the full folder name, it should prioritize clarity and usability by simply showing "Search" in the...
  3. WIndows Explorer - Search Bar BUG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows Explorer - Search Bar BUG: The Windows Explorer search bar exhibits a design flaw where folder names longer than the available space are truncated, leading to a poor user experience. Instead of displaying the full folder name, it should prioritize clarity and usability by simply showing "Search" in the...
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar Bug

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Bug: My windows is on latest update,This whit bars are showing in the search bar of windows 10,and when i hover it ,it gets disappear and then after few mins or something it came up again, it's not causing me anything but but it's ruining my windows 10 look...any help will be...
  5. search bar bug

in Cortana
    search bar bug: i am having a bug in search bar, as soon as i open any other window or start my laptop y search bar goes smaller and look like this :any solution for this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-bug/b6104e7d-b101-4291-acef-b3fe07935f7e
  6. Search Bar Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar Bug: Can someone help me with this? The search bar appears to have some bugs. It appears every startup, and goes back to normal when I click. But at some time, the bug will re-appear for unknown reason. Though still functional. THis might not be a big deal for others, but for me,...
  7. Search Bar Bugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar Bugged: Search bar breaks when I use my mic I'm on dark mode by the way. Any clue what this is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-bugged/120e0fc1-d16d-4189-a070-bcf11b0238c6
  8. windows search bar bug

in Cortana
    windows search bar bug: I updates the windows after freshly dowloading windows and also updates the apps to new versions as well but some how my windows search bar shows the old version of app and my start menu shows the new version please help me with this...
  9. Windows Search bar bug/glitch

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar bug/glitch: Hello everyone. I have an issue which has been bothering me for the past month and it is very annoying. I don't really know how i need to explain it but i made a video of it. Here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVt-tHQ6ROM If you know how i need to fix this, please leave...
  10. Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug: Windows 10 taskbar search does not work. The normal search, when you open up file explorer works perfectly. I am connected to the internet. I do not use Cortana. I have not registered the E-mail for Cortana. I have tried searching multiple files. It just doesn't work. I'm not...