Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Bar Covered

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Bar Covered in Cortana to solve the problem; My search screen is covered by something black while I am searching. When I click outside of the search bar everything looks normal.How can I solve... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AdhilMuhammed, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Search Bar Covered

My search screen is covered by something black while I am searching. When I click outside of the search bar everything looks normal.How can I solve this issue.

:)

AdhilMuhammed, Aug 31, 2021

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 31, 2021
  3. Get rid of Windows 10 update that is now covering search bar

As of this morning the annoying Upgrade to Windows 10 is now covering my search bar at the top of my screen. I have been looking for an answer on how to get rid of this notice that I do not want and have even tried rebooting and clicking the x at the end
    of the unwanted "ad" and it still will not go away.

I have been always been a windows/microsoft user but am seriously thinking about switching to apple. Why do I need to be badgered into updating to a product I do not want? I cant even use my search bar now because of it. If I wanted to upgrade (which I did
    and uninstalled it due to losing most of my data that I had on my computer and being told by computer pros that it was really messing with peoples systems) then I would but if there is a button to upgrade there should be a button to remove the notification.
    Now that it is covering the search bar none of the suggestions are working! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

CameronPeters73, Aug 31, 2021
  4. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10 Search Bar Covered

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Aug 31, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Bar Covered

1. Windows 10 Search Bar Covered - Similar Threads - Search Bar Covered

2. Task bar covers bottom of window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar covers bottom of window: Hello. Whenever I use my computer the taskbar covers the bottom of the window. This occurs with every window I open and restarting windowsExplorer fixes the issue but only temporarily and the issue happens again. This is extremely frustrating. Auto hide is turned off on the...
  3. Task bar covers bottom of window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar covers bottom of window: Hello. Whenever I use my computer the taskbar covers the bottom of the window. This occurs with every window I open and restarting windowsExplorer fixes the issue but only temporarily and the issue happens again. This is extremely frustrating. Auto hide is turned off on the...
  4. Search box in windows 10 is covered up

in Cortana
    Search box in windows 10 is covered up: When searching in Windows 10, I cannot see all of the results because this is this big grey box covering the results. How can I remedy this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-in-windows-10-is-covered-up/00b1ac4b-494d-4866-bd5c-de379f0b0c71
  5. Search box in windows 10 is covered up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search box in windows 10 is covered up: When searching in Windows 10, I cannot see all of the results because this is this big grey box covering the results. How can I remedy this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-in-windows-10-is-covered-up/00b1ac4b-494d-4866-bd5c-de379f0b0c71
  6. Search box in windows 10 is covered up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Black highlight covering windows search and password bars.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black highlight covering windows search and password bars.: submitted by /u/ChunkyChud [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le3usq/black_highlight_covering_windows_search_and/
  8. Windows Search covering the start menu

in Cortana
    Windows Search covering the start menu: Whenever I open the Start Menu by either clicking the icon or pressing the Win key on the keyboard, the Start Menu shows up, but the menu is covered by the search window and I cant do anything using the start menu. I have attached a screenshot too. [ATTACH]...
  9. search bar windows 10 not searching

in Cortana
    search bar windows 10 not searching: Windows 10 did an update and now the the search bar at the bottom of the screen does this: a if I try to type in it, the window closes b the search box opens and is just black box with no information and the closes before I can type any information...
  10. Task bar covers bottom of window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar covers bottom of window: Until recently my desk top and windows never went behind the taskbar, now when a window is maximized, the bottom scroll bar is behind the task bar. How can I limit the desk top to real estate NOT covered by the task bar?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 search bar is black