Windows 10: Windows 10 search bar crashes after typing one letter

Discus and support Windows 10 search bar crashes after typing one letter in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I downloaded and installed a windows update yesterday and now everytime I type anything in windows search it crashes. submitted by /u/Znuffles_... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Znuffles_, May 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 search bar crashes after typing one letter

I downloaded and installed a windows update yesterday and now everytime I type anything in windows search it crashes.

submitted by /u/Znuffles_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Znuffles_, May 15, 2020
  2. Gil deG Win User

I type one letter in cortana search bar and it crashes and closes

Hi Oscar,

One of the possible reasons why Cortana crashes after you typed in one letter is that your system got corrupted.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this

article

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gil deG, May 15, 2020
  3. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, May 15, 2020
  4. Leah01 Win User

Windows 10 search bar crashes after typing one letter

Search bar not responding to typed input after 6/12/18 Windows Update

I did the 06/12/18 Windows Update (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), and now the search bar doesn't respond to any typed input. I type in the first few letters, and the search/Cortana window just closes on me and the Search bar is blank. Cannot open apps or do any searching via the bar.

Any suggestions, please?

Leah01, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 search bar crashes after typing one letter

1. Windows 10 search bar crashes after typing one letter - Similar Threads - search bar crashes

2. windows 10 search crashes after typing

in Cortana
    windows 10 search crashes after typing: Hello, When I hit my windows button and start typing, a loading icon appears on my cursor and then I assume the searchUI crashes.This happened after I had installed a drive that was faulty, and I had hard restarted my PC by holding down the power button. I have tried just...
  3. Typing 1 letter in the search bar causes it to crash.

in Cortana
    Typing 1 letter in the search bar causes it to crash.: Recently I just have been using the desktop for a while and this is the first time that I got this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-1-letter-in-the-search-bar-causes-it-to/68a0eaec-75e5-43d8-833a-771bf41a1068
  4. Can't Type on Windows 10 search Bar

in Cortana
    Can't Type on Windows 10 search Bar: I try these video methods on youtube and none of these works when I restart my computer. Can you help me please? thank you this is youtube link description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OFLuAnaNtI with more than 700,000 viewers...
  5. Edge crashing when typing on search bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge crashing when typing on search bar.: Basically the title, Microsoft Edge keeps crashing when I type on the search bar. Couldn't find a fix so far, started out of nowhere. submitted by /u/zorawski [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0wt31/edge_crashing_when_typing_on_search_bar/
  6. Windows 10 search bar crashing after clicked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 search bar crashing after clicked: Video: https://imgur.com/a/h8RfCOr I can only type in 2 letters before it closes, making the search bar unusable. This only happens on a certain local profile. If I create a new user then it works, but I’m hoping there’s an easier solution. I have tried: -Updating Windows...
  7. Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter: You can solve this problem with the solution given below: 1. Press Win Key + R on the keyboard 2. When the dialog box appears, Type Services in it then Press Enter on the keyboard 3. When the Services dialog box appears. Scroll down and find the option for "Windows...
  8. Windows 10 "Cannot type in Search bar"

in Cortana
    Windows 10 "Cannot type in Search bar": I had to reset Windows 10 then install all updates. Now I cannot type in the search bar. I have to select the Windows icon then type. I tried several fixes found here in the forum for same issue but nothing worked....
  9. Search box on windows 10 closes after typing in one letter.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search box on windows 10 closes after typing in one letter.: Disclaimer:I want to clarify that I am not a computer tech guy so please keep the explanations or any possible advice as simple as possible. Whenever I am trying to search something through pressing the Win button, it closes without any response. I am not sure why this...
  10. Can't type in Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in Windows 10 search bar: After I updated to Windows 10 the search box on the taskbar was working. A few days later I discovered that I couldn't search anything from this box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-windows-10-search-bar/04eb6c32-fadf-40ca-8e1a-3742010e70a3"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 search box closes when I start typing