Windows 10: Windows 10 search bar disappears when i go to type

Discus and support Windows 10 search bar disappears when i go to type in Cortana to solve the problem; Windows 10 search bar disappears when i go to type. How do I fix this... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ThomasCeli, May 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 search bar disappears when i go to type

Windows 10 search bar disappears when i go to type. How do I fix this

:)

ThomasCeli, May 20, 2020
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, May 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 search bar disappears when i go to type

when i go to search something in windows 10 on the bottom bar where it says search windows, when i go to type in it the box just disappears and I cant search in it

benswanson12, May 20, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Windows 10 search bar disappears when i go to type

Can't type in Search bars or login bar in browser.

Hi,

This can be caused by corrupted system files. To help resolve the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by Abdul_Malik in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving the same issue. After doing so, try using
    the search bar and see if you can type anything on it.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 search bar disappears when i go to type

1. Windows 10 search bar disappears when i go to type - Similar Threads - search bar disappears

2. I can't type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't type in the search bar: Basically, I can't type in the search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-in-the-search-bar/5e37c092-f005-4948-8dd3-8f9dd7a05465
  3. I can't type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't type in the search bar: Basically, I can't type in the search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-in-the-search-bar/5e37c092-f005-4948-8dd3-8f9dd7a05465
  4. I cannot type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot type in the search bar: Hi,This has happened to me a couple of times. I'll click on search in the taskbar and then click in the search bar and start typing, but the search bar does not respond to my keyboard. I effectively cannot do any searches. I have to reboot to get this to work again.Any ideas...
  5. I cannot type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot type in the search bar: Hi,This has happened to me a couple of times. I'll click on search in the taskbar and then click in the search bar and start typing, but the search bar does not respond to my keyboard. I effectively cannot do any searches. I have to reboot to get this to work again.Any ideas...
  6. Edge crashing when typing on search bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge crashing when typing on search bar.: Basically the title, Microsoft Edge keeps crashing when I type on the search bar. Couldn't find a fix so far, started out of nowhere. submitted by /u/zorawski [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0wt31/edge_crashing_when_typing_on_search_bar/
  7. i cant type in the windows search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i cant type in the windows search bar: i've tried restarting the windows search service, tried to rebuild in the index and tried something in powershell but don't thin it worked correctly, can anyone help? submitted by /u/Lexahh [link] [comments]...
  8. Can't search in Windows 10 every search bar hangs up when I type and same with "type here...

in Cortana
    Can't search in Windows 10 every search bar hangs up when I type and same with "type here...: I can't search anything in my windows10 the search bar hangs every time i try to type something and start menu's " type here to search " bar won't respond and sometimes gives me Runtimebroker.exe - system error i have tried rebuilding index ,restarting explorer and DISM fix...
  9. Search Bar Disappears Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search Bar Disappears Windows 10: Hello, Recently whenever I try to use search in windows 10 search bar disappears to look like task bar and I can't use it. you can see the problem in the image below. [ATTACH] Thanks in advance...
  10. My search bar freezes when I type in it

in Windows 10 Support
    My search bar freezes when I type in it: Hi :) I navigate my computer by pressing the Windows key and then typing to search. Lately I've been experiencing issues, that it won't register that I'm typing, and/or it freezes when I type and I have to restart "Windows Explorer" Through the task manager. Additionally,...