Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Bar Doesn't Work.

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Bar Doesn't Work. in Cortana to solve the problem; When I go to use the windows search bar it closes either automatically or when I type. I have tried a number of fixes but nothing seems to work. It... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by LeoLXIX, Dec 20, 2020.

1. LeoLXIX Win User

Windows 10 Search Bar Doesn't Work.

When I go to use the windows search bar it closes either automatically or when I type. I have tried a number of fixes but nothing seems to work. It seemed to start happening after I modified my taskbar and I also installed a translucent taskbar application.

:)

LeoLXIX, Dec 20, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 Search Bar Doesn't Work. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Shoaib Win User
    Windows-10 update KB4058043: Search bar doesn't work after update

After the most recent Store reliability update (KB4058043), I have the exact same problems as described in a year-old update issue:

Windows 10 Anniversary update: Search bar doesn't work after update

In addition to the start menu, entering search text in the "Windows Settings" dialog's search-box also freezes it.

I've tried all solutions provided therein, but none has worked so far. So far I've tried solutions based on

• DCIM tool
    • A PowerShell script
    • Tweaking.com's repair tool

How do I fix it?

Shoaib, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar Doesn't Work.

Activation of Windows 10 Pro doesn´t work

Hallo, i can´t activate my windows 10 Pro (free upgrade from windows 7);

Info: 0xC0EA000A

Manual activation doesn´t work either.

Important (i think): I had to re-install windows 10 (3 or even 4 times). because I had massive problems with "Start and Cortana Issues".

I hope, I don´t have to search the old product key.

PS. Yes, Windows 7 was genuine.

MichalMichalczyk, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Bar Doesn't Work.

1. Windows 10 Search Bar Doesn't Work. - Similar Threads - Search Bar Doesn't

2. Windows 10 search bar not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 search bar not working: Windows 10 search bar not working. Tried to Google for repair and nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-bar-not-working/79061bb5-9723-4f60-9aa5-50c041c44359
  3. Search bar on desktop calendar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar on desktop calendar doesn't work: I’ve been unable to use the search bar on the calendar on my Windows 10 desktop (I don’t have issues with the search bar on my Android though). The search bar is there, but it always says that it can’t find any events or reminders, even though I see the event right there when...
  4. Search bar doesn't search internet

in Cortana
    Search bar doesn't search internet: The Search bar/button next to the Start menu button no longer searches the internet, only local files and settings. Until recently I used to be able to type in something to search for and it would search my local computer AND the the internet. Did something change that...
  5. Windows search bar doesn't work

in Cortana
    Windows search bar doesn't work: Hi, After installing update on 5th february 2020 my windows search box. I have done everything to solve this including 1many restarts in a row, 2Ending task id searchUI.exe, 3Rebuilding index, 4Powershell Commands, 5Restarting windows search service from services.msc...
  6. Search bar doesn't work in Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search bar doesn't work in Windows 10: Hello, Search bar search bar located on the left-hand side of taskbar doesn't work in Windows 10. I ran chkdsk, DISM and Search and Indexing in troubleshooting but my problem still exists. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 search bar doesn't work

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar doesn't work: The Search Bar in Windows 10 doesn't working. When I click to search, nothing happens and i can't type a single word. I tried to fix with troubleshoot and nothing... and i tried also with cmd with administrator commandes...
  8. Windows 10 search bar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 search bar doesn't work: I temporarily changed paging file size from system managed size to custom and since then Windows search bar doesn't show any results when I input text. I set it back to system managed, but the problem persists. I tried the commonly suggested solutions like rebuilding...
  9. Search bar in taskbar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar in taskbar doesn't work: I have the "Search the web and Windows" bar in my taskbar but I can't type anything into it. If I go to "File Explorer" in the start panel, I can search for files. This worked in the past and I don't know what might have happened to make it stop working. I'm still...
  10. Search bar in windows file explorer doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar in windows file explorer doesn't work: The search bar in my files explorer won't actually search anything, just to make it clear it isn't the search bar on the left but the smaller one on the right that won't actually do anything/highlight anything Screenshot - ae72785c768d4df8a79ce4627f494350 - Gyazo I used...