Windows 10: Windows 10 search bar error solution

Discus and support Windows 10 search bar error solution in Cortana to solve the problem; Dear Users, Recently the search bar error occurred to many users and even Microsoft didn't able to provide solution. Even Microsoft own "Fix problems... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BalencedPizza69, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 search bar error solution

Dear Users,

Recently the search bar error occurred to many users and even Microsoft didn't able to provide solution. Even Microsoft own "Fix problems in Windows Search" article isn't working for some users. But this video worked for me.

https://youtu.be/jFna6BaZRUc

Just follow the steps properly.

ENJOY!

:)

BalencedPizza69, Feb 5, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

Windows 10 Search bar

Hello Tucker,

For us to provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps and assist you better, we would like to ask a few more information regarding your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any significant hardware/software changes done on your computer prior to this happening?
    • To clarify, when you say Windows 10 search bar, are you referring to Cortana's search field?
    • Are you encountering any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Feb 5, 2020
  3. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 search bar error solution

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 search bar error solution

1. Windows 10 search bar error solution - Similar Threads - search bar error

2. Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar: Hi my name is Hasan Ahmed and I have been using Windows 10 PRO for 3-4 years and have a lot of experience. For some reason today I woke up and turned on my computer Lenovo Ideapad and opened my browser using the desktop shortcuts and then I tried to open Minecraft for Windows...
  3. Windows 10 search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search bar: Hi my name is Hasan Ahmed and I have been using Windows 10 PRO for 3-4 years and have a lot of experience. For some reason today I woke up and turned on my computer Lenovo Ideapad and opened my browser using the desktop shortcuts and then I tried to open Minecraft for Windows...
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Search Bar: My search bar isn't working. So basically, every time i press on the search bar or click the windows icon the search bar doesn't work. Neither file explorer search bar, etc. Anyone know a fix? Tried restarting my computer several times. Even tried to factory reset my...
  5. Search bar error

in Cortana
    Search bar error: Hello I am a windows 10 user and one day when i opened my pc and i installed microsoft teams app and it does not made a shortcut on the desktop i thought it must be a error but it opened automatically and then when i closed it and wanted to open it again so i typed in the...
  6. Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar: I used to be able to search the web with the search bar in the taskbar, but now it won't let me. If I try to, it will say no results. How do I fix this?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-bar/e5306fd1-7e97-47bb-b043-f31ffa973f92
  7. Windows 10 Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Search Bar: Is there a way to switch from this normal search bar: [ATTACH] to this Cortana search bar?? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-bar/92165eec-9a26-4659-a5b4-8c34f0540c57
  8. Search bar for Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search bar for Windows 10: Hello, my search bar for W10 doesn't work, i can't type anything. I've already tried the Microsoft support chat, the tachnician reinstalled my OS, but i didn't do anything. I ran Windows Defender, complete and offline, but it didn't acused anything. I don't know what to do...
  9. search bar windows 10 not searching

in Cortana
    search bar windows 10 not searching: Windows 10 did an update and now the the search bar at the bottom of the screen does this: a if I try to type in it, the window closes b the search box opens and is just black box with no information and the closes before I can type any information...
  10. Windows 10 Search Bar

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar: Hello, I can't type anything in my windows 10 search bar. Nothing happens! Does anyone know what I can do to fix this issue? Thanks to all for your assistance in this matter. Christine...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. has microsoft provided an update for the windows search bar error ?

2. windows search bar error