Windows 10: Windows 10 Search bar freezes after typing a few words, Microsoft Edge doesn't want to...

Discus and support Windows 10 Search bar freezes after typing a few words, Microsoft Edge doesn't want to... in Cortana to solve the problem; Since yesterday, for some reason my windows 10 started failing a lot My search bar let's me write for 1 or 2 seconds, and then it stops accepting my... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Ary AlbertoQuevedo R., Jul 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Search bar freezes after typing a few words, Microsoft Edge doesn't want to...

Since yesterday, for some reason my windows 10 started failing a lot

My search bar let's me write for 1 or 2 seconds, and then it stops accepting my keyboard input, and whenever i try clicking on the bar to start writing again, it just detects it as if i selected something else

Microsoft edge does the same thing, except that it doesn't let me write at all unless i start spamming clicks and pressing a lot of keys, then it will only write a few letters, and when i try creating a new tab, i need to click it a lot of times for it to work

Here's a video i took about the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXzeovlk05U

My second problem is:

When i try getting into "Display Settings" directly, it opens the display settings window, and seconds after it just crashes

But if i get to display settings by opening "Settings" - "System" and then "Display" it works just fine

Here's a video i took about the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wp-tr15pB8

What can i do to fix this problem? Many thanks for the help!

I tried some solutions like running ctfmon, Didn't work

I tried the powershell command solution of running this 2 commands: None of them worked

$manifest = Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore.InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

:)

Ary AlbertoQuevedo R., Jul 23, 2020
  2. Biggles_ Win User

Search Bar windows 10 freezes after typing a few letters

I was having the same problem as Rhuari, I tried the windows search troubleshooter and it didn't help. I also tried fixing the problem using powershell and it didn't work either. However, I was able to get my search bar working again after I followed Greg's
    steps above to rebuild the Index. All is good now.

Biggles_, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Keyboard doesn't type on Microsoft Edge and Windows 10 search bar

Hi Francesco,

To help you with your concern about your keyboard which doesn't type on Microsoft Edge and Windows 10 search bar, you may try the solution posted by LesBWilson by clicking this link:

Unable to type in search box or edge URL entry field.

Please let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Search bar freezes after typing a few words, Microsoft Edge doesn't want to...

Windows 10 Search Bar keeps freezing after typing a few letters in

When i try to go to the Search Windows bar everything is fine until I type something in it.

If I type something in it freezes after a few seconds, can't really search anything because of this...

I am from Croatia (Europe) so my English might not be perfect.

Thank you for your time.

ClownFiesta101, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Search bar freezes after typing a few words, Microsoft Edge doesn't want to...

1. Windows 10 Search bar freezes after typing a few words, Microsoft Edge doesn't want to... - Similar Threads - Search bar freezes

2. Microsoft To Do: App slows/freezes when typing just a few characters in search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft To Do: App slows/freezes when typing just a few characters in search bar: This has been happening to me for a long time, but it's intermittent. Windows 11. Microsoft To DoIn side of Microsoft To Do, if I type just one or two characters and don't type a whole word quickly, it will start to search, and then I can't do anything else inside of the app....
  3. Microsoft To Do: App slows/freezes when typing just a few characters in search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft To Do: App slows/freezes when typing just a few characters in search bar: This has been happening to me for a long time, but it's intermittent. Windows 11. Microsoft To DoIn side of Microsoft To Do, if I type just one or two characters and don't type a whole word quickly, it will start to search, and then I can't do anything else inside of the app....
  4. Search Bar window disappears after a few miliseconds Win 10

Search Bar window disappears after a few miliseconds Win 10: Whenever I try to search something using the search bar, usually it's supposed to open a thing. But now, after a few miliseconds, it disappears. How do I fix this?...
  5. Search Bar window disappears after a few miliseconds Win 10

in Cortana
    Search Bar window disappears after a few miliseconds Win 10: Whenever I try to search something using the search bar, usually it's supposed to open a thing. But now, after a few miliseconds, it disappears. How do I fix this?...
  6. Microsoft Edge crashing everytime I type in the search bar/address bar

Microsoft Edge crashing everytime I type in the search bar/address bar: Starting this afternoon, Edge has crashed every time I typed anything in the address bar or the search bar found on the New Tab page. I'd made no changes whatsoever to any settings. Also confirmed that it wasn't a RAM or disk space issue. I noticed that when I changed the...
  7. Edge crashing when typing on search bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge crashing when typing on search bar.: Basically the title, Microsoft Edge keeps crashing when I type on the search bar. Couldn't find a fix so far, started out of nowhere. submitted by /u/zorawski [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0wt31/edge_crashing_when_typing_on_search_bar/
  8. My search bar freezes when I type in it

in Windows 10 Support
    My search bar freezes when I type in it: Hi :) I navigate my computer by pressing the Windows key and then typing to search. Lately I've been experiencing issues, that it won't register that I'm typing, and/or it freezes when I type and I have to restart "Windows Explorer" Through the task manager. Additionally,...
  9. Search bars edge

in Browsers and Email
    Search bars edge: Is it norm after the latest update to have two search bar.*Confused When I open edge there is one search bar on the very top Then under that is another search bar. I'm using windows 10 home edge and bing as search engine. Any help here Please. Many Thanks.. PS Should...
  10. Microsoft Edge changing search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge changing search bar: How to change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge These instructions are outdated- my Microsoft edge no longer has the "Add New" button for search engines Instead of I try to follow the instructions, there is only a button to change the search engines which then...