Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Bar Frozen?

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Bar Frozen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Probably going to get told to fuck off to some other subreddit but i just want a fix for some reason recently my PC's been slower and the Disk space on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GiveMeMonknee, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Search Bar Frozen?

Probably going to get told to fuck off to some other subreddit but i just want a fix for some reason recently my PC's been slower and the Disk space on startup seems to be at 100% even though it shouldn't be doing this anyways a few issues have come from this one being my windows search bar has now frozen and i can't search for apps or anything any help?

I know windows 10 is buggy but like how the fuck is it so trash to what it should be? (Like self identifying issues, helping people understand the issue ect) Like whys everything got to be so hard and complex it puzzles because surly they could of made windows 10 alot more easier???? I know what im doing quite abit but dam i feel bad for anyone above the age of like 40 who uses windows must be hell

submitted by /u/GiveMeMonknee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GiveMeMonknee, Sep 28, 2020

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 28, 2020
  3. I_askYou Win User
    Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar Frozen?

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Bar Frozen?

1. Windows 10 Search Bar Frozen? - Similar Threads - Search Bar Frozen

2. Windows 11 22H2 Start Bar frozen and search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 Start Bar frozen and search bar: Since updating to the Windows 11 22h2 Nov release 22621.819 the startbar and search bar stopped working as soon as we imaged a device. December update fixed this issue for a little bit but the Jan, Feb and most recently March update 22621.1413 as seen this reoccur. We have...
  3. Windows 11 22H2 Start Bar frozen and search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22H2 Start Bar frozen and search bar: Since updating to the Windows 11 22h2 Nov release 22621.819 the startbar and search bar stopped working as soon as we imaged a device. December update fixed this issue for a little bit but the Jan, Feb and most recently March update 22621.1413 as seen this reoccur. We have...
  4. is the task bar frozen ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is the task bar frozen ?: my task bar is not working im not able to open any file , the cursor is in reloading mode when i move it on to the task bar , windows button ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-task-bar-frozen/cf3a5426-a7ca-4c40-9e5d-d2b613d3fd5c
  5. Windows 10 Search Bar Frozen and Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Search Bar Frozen and Not Working: Does anyone know how to solve an issue where my Windows search bar will freeze and close upon clicking on it? Already updated and restarted my computer and don't know what to do. Any tips? It just doesn’t let me type anything in it, and it is just completely unresponsive....
  6. search bar windows 10 not searching

in Cortana
    search bar windows 10 not searching: Windows 10 did an update and now the the search bar at the bottom of the screen does this: a if I try to type in it, the window closes b the search box opens and is just black box with no information and the closes before I can type any information...
  7. Frozen Windows 10 task bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frozen Windows 10 task bar: Hey guys Ill get straight to the point, i was playing some games and my internet was lagging so i decided to switch my networks. When i tried to click the internet connection thing it didnt work. Infact my whole task bar was frozen out of nowhere. Ive been trying to fix this...
  8. Window 10 Task Bar Frozen/Unresponsive

Window 10 Task Bar Frozen/Unresponsive: Hi, I have been having this problem with windows 10 for a week now and just cant seem to figure out the solution. PROBLEM: The task bar at the bottom of windows 10 on my pc is frozen/unresponsive. The program icons which are normally there like Chrome and firefox are not...
  9. frozen task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    frozen task bar: I can't access/see the task bar (that runs along the bottom of my windows screen) and therefore launch anything from it - including settings, applications, etc. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frozen-task-bar/49d12a7f-01c2-4033-afe7-91e856207458
  10. Windows Game Bar Frozen

Windows Game Bar Frozen: Hi, I tried opening the windows 1 game bar on my laptop, and I clicked record, but as soon as I did that, it completely froze. I cant click on any of the windows behind it, and this has happened before. How can I permanently fix it? Thanks...