Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Bar Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Bar Issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When ever I click the search bar in the bottom right when I want to search up an app on my computer, its like my up arrow key or tab button is pinned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jz9015, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Jz9015 Win User

Windows 10 Search Bar Issue

When ever I click the search bar in the bottom right when I want to search up an app on my computer, its like my up arrow key or tab button is pinned down because the computer keeps like automatically typing in apps. Its not my keyboard because I restarted my computer without the keyboard plugged in and I'm still having this issue.

:)

Jz9015, Oct 21, 2020

2. Issues with using Search bar not working on Windows 10

Hi Amirek,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with using Search bar on Windows 10. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "My search bar stopped working and despite all of the "fixes" suggested", what are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    • Are you getting any error message when you click on Search bar?
    • Have you install any third party security software on the computer?

Method 1: I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Fix problems with the Start menu

Method 2: Also I recommend you to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue is occurring in it or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar Issue

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Bar Issue

1. Windows 10 Search Bar Issue - Similar Threads - Search Bar Issue

2. Search bar issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search bar issue: When I tried to search on my computer, it will only give me a second to type then goes away. I don't know what to do since I cannot use the search bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-issue/c92a9e98-2316-4c7f-9319-e6cae8059683
  3. Windows 10 Search Bar issues

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar issues: Recently when I was trying to search up questions in my search bar I found my search bar would only show results for applications but not showing internet browser results. Does anyone know how to make it so that I can see broswer results again?example...
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Bar issues: Recently when I was trying to search up questions in my search bar I found my search bar would only show results for applications but not showing internet browser results. Does anyone know how to make it so that I can see broswer results again?example...
  5. Windows 10 Search Bar issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows search bar issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search bar issue: None of the search bars are working in the windows be it the taskbar or the windows settings or the explorer search area on the top right corner. The cursor blinks but when I try to type anything, it doesn't show the text....
  7. Windows searching bar issues

Windows searching bar issues: Ok so what happens if when I search for disk cleanup, deleting temporary files and a few other simple stuff in windows, they don't show up and instead they show search website. Please tell me how to fix this....
  8. search bar issue

in Cortana
    search bar issue: Hi all The search bar on my windows 10 PC is not active. I can type in the search bar, but it doesn't search , nor comes up with suggestions. I have tried so far to run the search and indexing troubleshooter , and run the DISM.exe command in Powershell. Both didn't work....
  9. Windows Search Bar Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search Bar Issue: [ATTACH]Searching in the Windows start menu shows nothing after restarting my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-issue/5a11ae8f-8499-4c75-8e5d-57191afea796"
  10. Windows Search Bar issue

Windows Search Bar issue: Hello, so recently I've been having this issue of files or apps showing up in the search bar with a computer icon. Clicking on them redirects me back to the 'This PC' page that shows my folders and drives. Here's an example. [ATTACH] I have no problems opening up the...