Windows 10: Windows 10 Search bar keeps breaking

Discus and support Windows 10 Search bar keeps breaking in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, so my Windows 10 search bar keeps breaking to where its half darkmode half lightmode my pc is on darkmodethis has only been happening since i... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by toastiboi, May 26, 2021.

1. toastiboi Win User

Windows 10 Search bar keeps breaking

Hi, so my Windows 10 search bar keeps breaking to where its half darkmode half lightmode my pc is on darkmodethis has only been happening since i installed the new cumulative update KB5003214 note that this update took 5x longer to install than any other cumulative update, and I am considering rolling back the update. I recently installed 21H1 and never had this issue. Yes, i have tried rebooting, reinstalling the update, using anti corruption commands sfc, dcim,chkdsk and scanning for malware. Any help?EDIT: i should mention it also breaks like this when i open any app/game

:)

toastiboi, May 26, 2021

2. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, May 26, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 26, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Search bar keeps breaking

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Search bar keeps breaking

1. Windows 10 Search bar keeps breaking - Similar Threads - Search bar keeps

2. Windows Search Bar Keeps Crashing

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar Keeps Crashing: When I click on the search bar it opens for about 2 seconds before it crashes. This issue has really been bugging me since it makes my search bar unusable. I tried looking at other fixes online but it seems like nothing I try did anything....
  3. Latest Windows update breaking search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows update breaking search bar?: Recently installed the latest windows update 23H2 and since then apart from opening the start menu having a few seconds of delay, the search bar seems to be completely broken. Whenever I click on the search function, it just completely closes the start menu and nothing else...
  4. Latest Windows update breaking search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows update breaking search bar?: Recently installed the latest windows update 23H2 and since then apart from opening the start menu having a few seconds of delay, the search bar seems to be completely broken. Whenever I click on the search function, it just completely closes the start menu and nothing else...
  5. Windows Search Bar keeps Crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Bar keeps Crashing.: Hi, My windows serach bar keeps crashing and I tried all the methods to fix my serach bar by restarting my computer, checking updates, restarting windows explorer or even resetting my pc. Howevedr otehr users on my pc were bale to type in the search bar but whenever I tried...
  6. Windows Search Bar keeps Crashing.

Windows Search Bar keeps Crashing.: Hi, My windows serach bar keeps crashing and I tried all the methods to fix my serach bar by restarting my computer, checking updates, restarting windows explorer or even resetting my pc. Howevedr otehr users on my pc were bale to type in the search bar but whenever I tried...
  7. Search bar keeps crashing.

Search bar keeps crashing.: Helo everybody.I've successfully updated my win8.1 to win10. but I'm encountering an issue.As soon as I click on the search bar, it would open, but after a few seconds, would close automatically. And again if I click, it shows some black screen and exits. I tried many...
  8. Search bar keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search bar keeps crashing.: Helo everybody.I've successfully updated my win8.1 to win10. but I'm encountering an issue.As soon as I click on the search bar, it would open, but after a few seconds, would close automatically. And again if I click, it shows some black screen and exits. I tried many...
  9. Windows Updates keep breaking search bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates keep breaking search bar: I am getting really frustrated with the most recent updates. They keep breaking my search bar to where they do not allow me to type and just shut down in both the windows search and windows explorer search. It has been happening since the June updates. The only thing that...
  10. Search Bar keeps closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar keeps closing: I have been having a problem with the search bar as it keeps on closing before I can type anything in. I have tried restarting the search tool through task manager, etc, as well as indexing my files again. However, the problem persists. I have finished all updates on my...