Windows 10: Windows 10 search bar not showing recently searched apps anymore

Discus and support Windows 10 search bar not showing recently searched apps anymore in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi!I used to open my windows search bar and it gives me my recently searched apps by default, but now I have to click on the "Apps" tab to see... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Sherwin Hugo Lu, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Windows 10 search bar not showing recently searched apps anymore

Hi!I used to open my windows search bar and it gives me my recently searched apps by default, but now I have to click on the "Apps" tab to see that.Figure 1. How I my search bar was when I click it/activate Search via shortcutA few days ago, I noticed it wasn't like this anymore and it shows me my recent activities now. All I could find in the internet is how to take the "Recent Timeline" away, but I want it to be replaced by my "Recent Apps"Figure 2. How my search bar is currently, showing the Recent TimelineFigure 3. How my search bar is with Timeline Activity turned off. The "Recent apps" a

:)

Sherwin Hugo Lu, Apr 24, 2021
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Apr 24, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft rolls out Windows Search Box recent searches in Windows 10

Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20236 | Windows Insider Blog

Hide or Show Search Box or Search Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Device Search History in Windows 10

How to Clear Your Device Search History in Windows 10

Brink, Apr 24, 2021
  4. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10 search bar not showing recently searched apps anymore

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Apr 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 search bar not showing recently searched apps anymore

1. Windows 10 search bar not showing recently searched apps anymore - Similar Threads - search bar showing

2. Random searches showing up in recent history in the Windows search bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random searches showing up in recent history in the Windows search bar.: I was using the search bar until I noticed a bunch of results from previous searches mixed with results of things I've never looked up such as "national sorry day" appear in the recent search history. Is this a recent bug related to a Windows update? I've never had this...
  3. Random searches showing up in recent history in the Windows search bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random searches showing up in recent history in the Windows search bar.: I was using the search bar until I noticed a bunch of results from previous searches mixed with results of things I've never looked up such as "national sorry day" appear in the recent search history. Is this a recent bug related to a Windows update? I've never had this...
  4. Random searches showing up in recent history in the Windows search bar.

in Cortana
  5. Search bar not showing apps and settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar not showing apps and settings: From the last update in December the search bar is not showing the apps and the settings,i tried everything like restarting with the powershell script,restarting the service from Task Manager,running sfc /scannow,running DISM even running the troubleshooter but it doesn't...
  6. Search bar not showing apps and settings

Search bar not showing apps and settings: From the last update in December the search bar is not showing the apps and the settings,i tried everything like restarting with the powershell script,restarting the service from Task Manager,running sfc /scannow,running DISM even running the troubleshooter but it doesn't...
  7. How to stop showing recently after search on windows 10 search bar ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop showing recently after search on windows 10 search bar ?: i want to remove or stop showing the recently opened file or music that i play from an app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-showing-recently-after-search-on/21e339e6-5c24-4a61-8287-6b05c75b3d69
  8. How to stop showing recently after search on windows 10 search bar ?

How to stop showing recently after search on windows 10 search bar ?: i want to remove or stop showing the recently opened file or music that i play from an app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-showing-recently-after-search-on/21e339e6-5c24-4a61-8287-6b05c75b3d69
  9. How to stop showing recently after search on windows 10 search bar ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows search only shows recent apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search only shows recent apps: [ATTACH] Hello good community. Long time ago I have switched a setting that -I don't remember where- makes Windows search at the taskbar show only recent apps. I am trying to find which setting I have changed. I can still search for both apps and files in there but it...