Windows 10: Windows 10 - Search Bar Not Works Sometimes

Discus and support Windows 10 - Search Bar Not Works Sometimes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Normally it does, but sometimes when I click on it not. The same for Cortana's microphone icon. So I need to reboot to fix it all the time... so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Monsieur Null, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Windows 10 - Search Bar Not Works Sometimes

Normally it does, but sometimes when I click on it not.
    The same for Cortana's microphone icon.
    So I need to reboot to fix it all the time... so annoying.

I don't know what happens.

Thanks ):

:)

Monsieur Null, Oct 2, 2015

2. search bar not working on my windows 10

i have recently updated my PC to windows 10 from windows 7, these are some problems which i am facing:-

* search bar not working properly it doesn't takes input

* store stops/ crashes sometimes

AnkitRaj45, Oct 2, 2015
  3. Search, Start, Edge, and many settings not working or working sporadically

Windows 10 functions are mostly not working for me.

+ If I click on the start/windows button, nothing happens. Well, actually twice it did open the start window with Settings and app tiles, but nothing the other 50 times I've tried.

+ I can't type anything in the search bar.

+ When I open Edge, I can type in the search bar, but no website ever displays (likewise, when I clicked a link, it opened Edge, but website did not display). Also, the Close button does not work on it.

+The Settings functions work sporadically. For example, I clicked Windows Update, and even after 10 minutes, it only displayed the little time-passing dots. Then I restarted Settings and clicked Windows Update again, and now it is working. Similar behavior
    for personalization settings. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 on a Toshiba L875D with 16GB memory.

debbie-something, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 - Search Bar Not Works Sometimes

1. Windows 10 - Search Bar Not Works Sometimes - Similar Threads - Search Bar Works

2. Window 10 Search bar not working

in Cortana
    Window 10 Search bar not working: Hi Everyone, I have a issue that Search is not working for my notebook I need to restart window explorer service and it will be resume But, if I restart or shutdown my notebook, I need to restart the service again May it be anyone know how to fix it? OS:window 10...
  3. Cortana Search Bar Sometimes Glitches

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Sometimes Glitches: Sometimes, when I'm on my computer, and I want to search up something with the search box, and I click on the Cortana icon, the search menu suddenly closes and I can't open it: when I try, it just closes the menu after half of a second. It's pretty easy to solve this issue, I...
  4. Windows search bar wont load, and sometimes it disappears

in Cortana
    Windows search bar wont load, and sometimes it disappears: When I search, the start menu stays blank. I closed all other programs and tried killing explorer.exe. Sometimes the search bar disappears. I tried as many fixes as I could from Google, but none of them worked. I didn't do anything significant to the computer since then....
  5. Search bar not working

in Cortana
    Search bar not working: The search option no longer finds files, art or documents on my computer. All searches go directly to the web. I do not use Cortana, but type in the bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-not-working/bcc12bd5-e462-4966-aae8-623165bfd76e"
  6. Windows 10 search bar not working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar not working: In the past when I would type the name of a program into the search bar (for example: "word"), the program would open. Now, when I do this, it searches the internet. How do I go back to the way it was? I can't find my programs now! Thank you in advance for your help....
  7. cortana search bar not working

in Cortana
    cortana search bar not working: as the title said, my cortana search bar isnt working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search-bar-not-working/22aa3cbd-4fc3-4f23-8a8e-b068530a646c"
  8. Search bar does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search bar does not work: I can not enter any item in the search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-does-not-work/aa1a60df-7d11-459c-97c5-e41a5cea64c6
  9. search bar/cortana not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    search bar/cortana not working: my searchbar/cortana has suddenly stopped working, when I click I get a message telling me there is a problem, please sign out. so I googled the problem I ran the systen file checker which reported a problem and said it was fixed, problem still there I reinstalled all...
  10. Windows 10, search bar no longer works.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, search bar no longer works.: I have been running avast antivirus software. I was going to unload avast and discovered a 'repair' option so I tried it. Rebooted the machine and TADA. I now have my search bar working again. Hope this works for you. 57137