Windows 10: Windows 10 - Search Bar Not Works Sometimes

Discus and support Windows 10 - Search Bar Not Works Sometimes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Normally it does, but sometimes when I click on it not. The same for Cortana's microphone icon. So I need to reboot to fix it all the time... so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Monsieur Null, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Windows 10 - Search Bar Not Works Sometimes

Normally it does, but sometimes when I click on it not.
    The same for Cortana's microphone icon.
    So I need to reboot to fix it all the time... so annoying.

I don't know what happens.

Thanks ):

:)

Monsieur Null, Oct 2, 2015

2. search bar not working on my windows 10

i have recently updated my PC to windows 10 from windows 7, these are some problems which i am facing:-

* search bar not working properly it doesn't takes input

* store stops/ crashes sometimes

AnkitRaj45, Oct 2, 2015
  3. Search, Start, Edge, and many settings not working or working sporadically

Windows 10 functions are mostly not working for me.

+ If I click on the start/windows button, nothing happens. Well, actually twice it did open the start window with Settings and app tiles, but nothing the other 50 times I've tried.

+ I can't type anything in the search bar.

+ When I open Edge, I can type in the search bar, but no website ever displays (likewise, when I clicked a link, it opened Edge, but website did not display). Also, the Close button does not work on it.

+The Settings functions work sporadically. For example, I clicked Windows Update, and even after 10 minutes, it only displayed the little time-passing dots. Then I restarted Settings and clicked Windows Update again, and now it is working. Similar behavior
    for personalization settings. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 on a Toshiba L875D with 16GB memory.

debbie-something, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 - Search Bar Not Works Sometimes

1. Windows 10 - Search Bar Not Works Sometimes - Similar Threads - Search Bar Works

2. Search sometimes not working

in Cortana
    Search sometimes not working: Search not working in my Win10. Clicking on it does not work. I cant pull it up. Start menu search able to work and does not have issue at all however the search beside it does not able to pull up. No matter how many times you click on it nothing happened. This PC belongs to...
  3. Search sometimes not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search sometimes not working: Search not working in my Win10. Clicking on it does not work. I cant pull it up. Start menu search able to work and does not have issue at all however the search beside it does not able to pull up. No matter how many times you click on it nothing happened. This PC belongs to...
  4. Search sometimes not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 search bar not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 search bar not working: Windows 10 search bar not working. Tried to Google for repair and nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-bar-not-working/79061bb5-9723-4f60-9aa5-50c041c44359
  6. Search bar goes white sometimes

in Cortana
    Search bar goes white sometimes: Hi,Sometimes I see that my search bar has gone a little white, not all of it though.This happens when I have something on fullscreen and make it windowed, or it randomly happens out of nowhereThe image of the problem I'm issuing is below this question.Can anyone help me fix...
  7. Windows 10 Search Bar not working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar not working: I have had a look online for some possible fixes but none have worked... Some PowerShell fixes just end up throwing MANY errors. Others just did nothing. Unlike most other cases my search window won't even come up. When I click on the search bar it does nothing. It...
  8. Search bar SOMETIMES not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar SOMETIMES not working: Hi, I'm getting really frustrated about my windows menu search bar. Sometimes it'll show everything about a file, content inside if it's text, names, all and other times it cannot get any documents whatsoever. I tried repairing index, restarting Cortana. Turn it off, restart...
  9. Search bar not working on Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search bar not working on Windows 10: Today the 5th of February, I noticed that when I click on the "Type here to search" bar, it opens but nothing shows-up. It's just a grey box. I've tried shutting-down my laptop and starting it up again to see if that would work, but it hasn't. Has anyone else encountered...
  10. Cortana Search Bar Sometimes Glitches

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Sometimes Glitches: Sometimes, when I'm on my computer, and I want to search up something with the search box, and I click on the Cortana icon, the search menu suddenly closes and I can't open it: when I try, it just closes the menu after half of a second. It's pretty easy to solve this issue, I...