Windows 10: windows 10 search bar returns an invalid link for Visual Studio 2019

Discus and support windows 10 search bar returns an invalid link for Visual Studio 2019 in Cortana to solve the problem; I re-installed Visual Studio 2019 and despite the installer creating the correct ".lnk" file in the Start Menu folder in ProgramData, when you type... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AlexAltman1, Dec 14, 2020.

1. windows 10 search bar returns an invalid link for Visual Studio 2019

I re-installed Visual Studio 2019 and despite the installer creating the correct ".lnk" file in the Start Menu folder in ProgramData, when you type "Vis" in the search bar the link does not work. The search result looks like this:

windows 10 search bar returns an invalid link for Visual Studio 2019 be0dc077-6996-4d52-8e50-096351eb38e5?upload=true.png

I have previously disabled Cortana and previous upgrades/reinstalls have not caused this problem. I created a second Admin account and found that all works fine for that account for the same Cortana settings.

When working correctly, the "Open" link above is followed by "Run as Administrator" and other options and the Recent list contains my recent projects - not an old one as shown. Right clicking on the "Visual Studio 2019" link also lists various options for opening or pinning the file.

The search bar works fine for other products, suggesting it is the recent re-install that has caused the problem.

I have tried re-building the index via Indexing Options as well as sfc /scannow after using DISM to check and restore the health of the windows image.

Any help finding a solution to this would be very much appreciated

Many thanks

:)

AlexAltman1, Dec 14, 2020
  2. Mark C S Win User

windows 10 search bar returns an invalid link for Visual Studio 2019

Hi!

TIA for your help.

I re-installed Visual Studio 2019 and despite the installer creating the correct ".lnk" file in the Start Menu folder in ProgramData, when you type "Vis" in the search bar the link does not work. The search result looks like this:

windows 10 search bar returns an invalid link for Visual Studio 2019 d6385148-26fb-4c6a-b5ed-efc00469b695?upload=true.png

I have previously disabled Cortana and previous upgrades/reinstalls have not caused this problem. I created a second Admin account and found that all works fine for that account for the same Cortana settings.

When working correctly, the "Open" link above is followed by "Run as Administrator" and other options and the Recent list contains my recent projects - not an old one as shown. Right clicking on the "Visual Studio 2019" link also lists various options for
    opening or pinning the file.

The search bar works fine for other products, suggesting it is the recent re-install that has caused the problem.

I have tried re-building the index via Indexing Options as well as sfc /scannow (after using DISM to check and restore the health of the windows image.

Any help finding a solution to this would be very much appreciated

Many thanks

Mark

Mark C S, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Visual Studio Roadmap Updates and Visual Studio 2019 Information

Source: Visual Studio Roadmap Updates and Visual Studio 2019 Information | The Visual Studio Blog

Brink, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Visual Studio Roadmap Updates and Visual Studio 2019 Information

Source: Visual Studio Roadmap Updates and Visual Studio 2019 Information | The Visual Studio Blog

Brink, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 search bar returns an invalid link for Visual Studio 2019 - Similar Threads - search bar returns

2. Visual Studio 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio 2019: Hello, i have a question. I wanna ask if its safe to uninstall Microsoft Visual Studio because it is taking 2 gigs from my drive. I dont need it just yet and i just wanna know if i can unistall it safely from my pc.Thank you for understanding....
  3. Visual Studio 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio 2019: Hello, i have a question. I wanna ask if its safe to uninstall Microsoft Visual Studio because it is taking 2 gigs from my drive. I dont need it just yet and i just wanna know if i can unistall it safely from my pc.Thank you for understanding....
  4. Nuget visual studios 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nuget visual studios 2019: Yea hi I need to talk to somebody over the phone about nuget visual studios 2019 I heard that it's an apk package installer and I heard that ide development programs are visual studios nuget connected to me and I'm wanting that disconnected from me...
  5. visual studio 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    visual studio 2019: How do i upload VS to a Server? I am trying to use VS as Expressions does not work anymore... I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-2019/3ed4af1c-0f49-47fb-96b2-2c298abab671
  6. Visual Studio Community 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio Community 2019: Hello because i dont want to use visual studio Community 2019 anymore i uninstalled it but after it was uninstalled my games wasnt working anymore so i had to install it again any ideas how i can fix that? [moved from de-de]...
  7. visual studio 2019

visual studio 2019: while compiling i am getting unable to start program........... ........................................................ the system cant find the file specified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-2019/340212e7-3f09-417e-86c5-b1e23c3ba984
  8. windows 10 search bar returns an invalid link for Visual Studio 2019

in Cortana
    windows 10 search bar returns an invalid link for Visual Studio 2019: Hi! TIA for your help. I re-installed Visual Studio 2019 and despite the installer creating the correct ".lnk" file in the Start Menu folder in ProgramData, when you type "Vis" in the search bar the link does not work. The search result looks like this: [ATTACH] I...
  9. Visual Studio now 2019

Visual Studio now 2019: I just want to say thanks for the possibility of working with Visual Studio. Finished a small programme to calculate the electric potential in a closed structure. And it works fine. Slowly I proceed to learn the language. Though very rare I curse, in most of the cases it is...
  10. Visual Studio 2019 Blank?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Visual Studio 2019 Blank?: I have just opened up Visual Studio 2019 (free version) And there is nothing there. I opened it with unity but I separately downloaded it.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-2019-blank/c3c00455-11fb-401c-92f0-ef5e31dbc637