Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Bar showing links for Apps that redirect to File Explorer

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Bar showing links for Apps that redirect to File Explorer in Cortana to solve the problem; Good morning everyone,After updating to Windows Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 yesterday, I found this very annoying bug where the Search Bar shows a... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Matthew_SKR, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Search Bar showing links for Apps that redirect to File Explorer

Good morning everyone,After updating to Windows Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 yesterday, I found this very annoying bug where the Search Bar shows a second correspondence to most of my apps.Here's a screen of the problem, for example when looking for the Discord application:This second link that I highlighted, when clicked, simply redirect to the home of the File Explorer application.Running scfscan and chkdsk did not solve the problem, both of them yielded negative results about corruption and did not perform any repair operations.The same happens with common system directories, as shown her

:)

Matthew_SKR, Jul 13, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 13, 2022
  3. Removed USB files suggestions showing up in search bar and in search this pc in windows explorer

I had inserted a USB in my laptop and then removed it but when I searched the files in the search bar and in search this PC in windows explorer, all of the files and suggestions from the USB show up. What do I do to remove them?

"show recently opened items in jump lists on start or taskbar and in file explorer quick access" is already disabled. I have tried removing and adding c and drive d drive from the indexing options. I also tried clearing the device search history but nothing
    seems to work.

Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Jul 13, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar showing links for Apps that redirect to File Explorer

Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Jul 13, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Bar showing links for Apps that redirect to File Explorer

1. Windows 10 Search Bar showing links for Apps that redirect to File Explorer - Similar Threads - Search Bar showing

2. Windows 10 File Explorer Search Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Search Bar: Greetings.File explorer changed on me yesterday and I can't change it back. Before yesterday if I opened file explorer and typed in the search bar I could see a long list of previous searches that has a little x at the end of them so I could delete them with a mouse click....
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer Search Bar: Greetings.File explorer changed on me yesterday and I can't change it back. Before yesterday if I opened file explorer and typed in the search bar I could see a long list of previous searches that has a little x at the end of them so I could delete them with a mouse click....
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. search bar not showing some apps/files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar not showing some apps/files: today i make clear windows reinstall but all my data on disk don't uninstall but after that reinstall that when i want to find something thanks to windows search tool it can´t show me my disk like thins what i have there only was what i know how to fix it is reinstall these...
  6. search bar not showing some apps/files

search bar not showing some apps/files: today i make clear windows reinstall but all my data on disk don't uninstall but after that reinstall that when i want to find something thanks to windows search tool it can´t show me my disk like thins what i have there only was what i know how to fix it is reinstall these...
  7. Windows 10 Search Bar showing links for Apps that redirect to File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Bar showing links for Apps that redirect to File Explorer: Good morning everyone,After updating to Windows Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 yesterday, I found this very annoying bug where the Search Bar shows a second correspondence to most of my apps.Here's a screen of the problem, for example when looking for the Discord...
  8. Windows 10 Search Bar showing links for Apps that redirect to File Explorer

Windows 10 Search Bar showing links for Apps that redirect to File Explorer: Good morning everyone,After updating to Windows Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 yesterday, I found this very annoying bug where the Search Bar shows a second correspondence to most of my apps.Here's a screen of the problem, for example when looking for the Discord...
  9. windows 10 search bar not working or search in file explorer

in Cortana
    windows 10 search bar not working or search in file explorer: windows 10 search bar not working or search in file explorer did sfc dism https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-bar-not-working-or-search-in/7439bec3-97fa-4e3d-b4fd-946e6db94014
  10. Windows 10 search bar and File Explorer search is not interactable

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar and File Explorer search is not interactable: I had to go through and reset some variables on my computer, since my friend put whitespace in my default username and I couldn't install ghc Haskell compiler or OracleDB as a result. I followed this tutorial to figure out the things I would have to change While now I can...