Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Bar still down for me

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Bar still down for me in Cortana to solve the problem; So, I've heard for a lot of people the desktop search bar is working again, but it isn't for me. I can click into the search bar but what pops up... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Lheticus, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Lheticus Win User

Windows 10 Search Bar still down for me

So, I've heard for a lot of people the desktop search bar is working again, but it isn't for me. I can click into the search bar but what pops up remains blank and black whether I type something in it or not. Can anyone help?

:)

Lheticus, Feb 6, 2020

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 6, 2020
  3. I_askYou Win User
    Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar still down for me

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Bar still down for me

1. Windows 10 Search Bar still down for me - Similar Threads - Search Bar still

2. Windows 10- Search Bar & Taskbar automatically come up & down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10- Search Bar & Taskbar automatically come up & down: So my new Dell laptop is having this problem.Whenever I am in chrome, working for something the windows search bar automatically come up and downand cause of this task bar does too.And this does not happen between a set interval of time at all but is happens completely...
  3. How is the Windows search bar still so bad?

in Cortana
    How is the Windows search bar still so bad?: I'm sure there are tons of posts like this, but the Microsoft forms are difficult to search through imagine that. It seems like the search bar next to the start menu will find anything and everything but the most obvious, most desired thing that exactly matches the phrase you...
  4. How is the Windows search bar still so bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is the Windows search bar still so bad?: I'm sure there are tons of posts like this, but the Microsoft forms are difficult to search through imagine that. It seems like the search bar next to the start menu will find anything and everything but the most obvious, most desired thing that exactly matches the phrase you...
  5. How is the Windows search bar still so bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. search bar windows 10 not searching

in Cortana
    search bar windows 10 not searching: Windows 10 did an update and now the the search bar at the bottom of the screen does this: a if I try to type in it, the window closes b the search box opens and is just black box with no information and the closes before I can type any information...
  7. Windows 10 Search bar STILL not functioning V4

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Search bar STILL not functioning V4: This is the fourth time I am posting about this issue. This is the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsQBpB03lnk&feature=youtu.be The previous three times the problem occurred one day after the presumable fix. These are the previous posts:...
  8. My search bar on Windows 10 is still not working?

in Cortana
    My search bar on Windows 10 is still not working?: I have attempted many suggested fixes with no luck. I see where 'most' have been restored yet mine has not. My computer is only a month old. I upgraded from a Windows 7 operating system that I had for 10 years on my old computer. Can this be fixed???...
  9. My Windows 10 search bar still isn't working

in Cortana
    My Windows 10 search bar still isn't working: I understand there was a Microsoft problem on Feb. 5, 2020 regarding the Windows 10 search bar appearing as a black screen. Well, my system has been powered off and it is still a black screen. Why isn't Microsoft addressing this?...
  10. Windows 10 - Search bar not allowing me to type

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - Search bar not allowing me to type: Hi there, Since yesterday (15/01/2019) the search box on the taskbar will not accept any typing input. Normal behavior: Click in the white box where it says "Type here to search", and type. New, incorrect behavior: Click in the white box where it says "Type here to...