Windows 10: Windows 10 Search bar STILL not functioning V4

Discus and support Windows 10 Search bar STILL not functioning V4 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is the fourth time I am posting about this issue. This is the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsQBpB03lnk&feature=youtu.be The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/maxvandalen, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Search bar STILL not functioning V4

This is the fourth time I am posting about this issue.

This is the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsQBpB03lnk&feature=youtu.be

The previous three times the problem occurred one day after the presumable fix.

These are the previous posts:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dx5c72/windows_10_searchbar_not_functioning_v2/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/d6051n/windows_10_searchbar_not_functioning/

https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/cvrvg4/searchbar_not_working_1903_windows_10_update/

I've done everything you told me to do. I changed registry keys, i ran the classic problemsolver etc.

Usefull information:

Windows build 1909, updated yesterday, no fix came.

I do not have Cortana, I live in the Netherlands.

The way I fixed the issue in the meantime is restarting my pc for 6 times hoping one of them has a good instance where the search bar IS functioning. And then just put it in sleep mode for 3 weeks.

Thank you for your help.

May this bug be abolished forever.

submitted by /u/maxvandalen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/maxvandalen, Mar 12, 2020

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 12, 2020
  3. I_askYou Win User
    Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Search bar STILL not functioning V4

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Search bar STILL not functioning V4

1. Windows 10 Search bar STILL not functioning V4 - Similar Threads - Search bar STILL

2. Search Bar Function Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Bar Function Not Working: Hello: my search bar continues to not work. I have tried all of the methods within the community. What is strange is that I am able to paste in text; however, the actual keyboard will not type into the search box. This is extremely frustrating. Please help!...
  3. The search bar on Windows is not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The search bar on Windows is not functioning: I accidentally used a batch file and it changed the values of the registry. When I try to type into the search boxes on Windows, it doesn't allow me to type. I have found some keys that have been modified.Key: reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search"...
  4. The search bar on Windows is not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The search bar on Windows is not functioning: I accidentally used a batch file and it changed the values of the registry. When I try to type into the search boxes on Windows, it doesn't allow me to type. I have found some keys that have been modified.Key: reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search"...
  5. The search bar on Windows is not functioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Search bar is not functioning.

in Cortana
    Search bar is not functioning.: Hello!Today I started up my computer with my search bar not working. I would click on it and it would disappear after a couple of seconds. I usually can't type in it and I have tried many fixes such as ending search in task manager, using powershell, restarting explorer,...
  7. Non-Functioning Windows 10 Search Bar

in Cortana
    Non-Functioning Windows 10 Search Bar: The search bar in windows 10 is not currently working for me. When I click on the search bar, it does not let me type anything, and the window that appears above the search bar after clicking on it is blank most of the time, occasionally it will flash the normal apps. The...
  8. Search Bar Stops Functioning

in Cortana
    Search Bar Stops Functioning: Good Morning, Windows 10 pro 1909 ver. 10.0.18363.900 Office Professional Plus 2013 Utilizing Outlook 2013 I have discovered that starting the system, the search bar functions as it should, this morning, the only thing I accessed was Outlook Send And Receive, looked at an...
  9. Search bar not functioning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar not functioning: I've had an issue lately with the windows search bar not functioning correctly, I have no idea what caused this and don't recall doing anything that could be damaging to the os. https://i.imgur.com/5aTll3L.png submitted by /u/RANDOM_IMPLOSIONS [link] [comments]...
  10. Non-Functional Search Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Non-Functional Search Bar: After I update Windows 10 Professional, the search bar on the left bottom of my screen will no longer work and the icon window above it is blank. If I roll back the latest update, it works again. I have tried many of the online suggestions to no avail. The problem started...