Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Bar too wide

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Bar too wide in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I think along the way I changed the setting of my windows 10 search bar which made it too big, shown in the picture below enclosed by the red box.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JansenKeith, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Search Bar too wide

Hi, I think along the way I changed the setting of my windows 10 search bar which made it too big, shown in the picture below enclosed by the red box. I'm hoping to ask about the procedure to do to remove or hide this part of the search menu. Note this is not the start up menu but the "search menu". This is what appears when I write on the search tab of windows 10.

Thank you

Windows 10 Search Bar too wide e2579190-51da-4244-8eb4-a37ab77c6e75?upload=true.png

:)

JansenKeith, Apr 4, 2019

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 4, 2019
  3. I_askYou Win User
    Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Apr 4, 2019
  4. jbailey8 Win User

Windows 10 Search Bar too wide

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Bar too wide

1. Windows 10 Search Bar too wide - Similar Threads - Search Bar too

2. Search button on task bar is too wide

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search button on task bar is too wide: the Search button on the task bar is too wide. How do I adjust it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-button-on-task-bar-is-too-wide/aa1492a6-9b96-44c8-8c2b-8965c7784885
  3. Search bar is too height in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar is too height in Windows 10: Good morning to all! I use Windows 10 21H2 and when clicking on the magnifying glass button to do a search the box appears very high, also when clicking outside the box it does not close and it can only be closed by clicking on the x, also half of the box appears in gray....
  4. Search bar is too height in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar is too height in Windows 10: Good morning to all! I use Windows 10 21H2 and when clicking on the magnifying glass button to do a search the box appears very high, also when clicking outside the box it does not close and it can only be closed by clicking on the x, also half of the box appears in gray....
  5. Search bar is too height in Windows 10

in Cortana
  6. Task bar and search bar too big

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar and search bar too big: I updaed my windows 7 to windows 10 , to turn on "show searcg bar" I had to uncheck "use small icons" now i feel its too big. I want my search bar plus small icons. Please help...
  7. Task bar and search bar too big

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar and search bar too big: I updaed my windows 7 to windows 10 , to turn on "show searcg bar" I had to uncheck "use small icons" now i feel its too big. I want my search bar plus small icons. Please help...
  8. Task bar and search bar too big

9. Search bar too high

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar too high: [ATTACH] I have been having this issue, where the search bar is offset to the task bar. As well as that when I open a Word document it has a similar offset. I have no idea where it came from or how to fix this, thank you in advance. Specs: hp envy x360 convertible...
  10. Property windows are too wide

Property windows are too wide: [ATTACH]HOW DO I FIX THIS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/property-windows-are-too-wide/6053d969-6da4-4728-a995-7bf8d27bce00

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 search toolbar too wide

2. windows 10 search bar too wide