Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results in Cortana to solve the problem; My Surface can no longer search the web from the search bar. It still works perfectly fine for local file search, but it will not search the web.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Kyesel, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Kyesel Win User

Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results

My Surface can no longer search the web from the search bar. It still works perfectly fine for local file search, but it will not search the web.

:)

Kyesel, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Apr 23, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Taskbar web search results

While it has nothing really to do with the taskbar, it just your web searches to return screen reader friendly results

From the Edge Webpage:

"Search for anything on the web or your device using the search box on the Windows taskbar. If you use a screen reader, follow these steps to make the web search results open in Internet Explorer instead of Microsoft Edge"

DaveM121, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results - Similar Threads - Search Bar Web

2. Can't enable Search Highlights and Search bar not showing web results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable Search Highlights and Search bar not showing web results: Hi i cannot enable Search highlights it says that due to some settings are managed by organization i cannot apply the search highlights I can personalize all of windows except for thisOne more thing. Web results not showing in the search instead it shows me the files and...
  3. Can't enable Search Highlights and Search bar not showing web results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable Search Highlights and Search bar not showing web results: Hi i cannot enable Search highlights it says that due to some settings are managed by organization i cannot apply the search highlights I can personalize all of windows except for thisOne more thing. Web results not showing in the search instead it shows me the files and...
  4. Web search results

in Cortana
    Web search results: Hi, my name is Sumiyuru I am using a windows 10 home operating system hp I have a problem in the search box, as experienced in my other 2 computers when I search something in the web it immediately gives me web results but in my hp computer in the search box when I search...
  5. search returns duplicate results

in Windows 10 Customization
    search returns duplicate results: In Search Locations under Search tools in Outlook 2019, my email is listed multiple times. I;m sure this is why the emails are listed multiple times in a search. When I remove the check mark next to one of the duplicate search locations it reappears when I remove the check...
  6. Windows Search bar web results not working

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar web results not working: I have been using the Windows Search bar's web results. But, for a few months, it isn't working. I have two Microsoft accounts in my PC, in the other, the search works like a charm, fetching web results. I haven't done any registry tweaks, why would I? I love the web...
  7. Windows 10 Search Not Returning Results

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Not Returning Results: Hello, The Windows 10 Search function has stopped working. I checked online for the basic troubleshooting and nothing resolved the problem. I will list specifics of the system below. Thanks in advance to any assistance with this search issue. Windows 10 Pro is installed on...
  8. Web search results not included in search bar

in Cortana
    Web search results not included in search bar: To whom it may concern, I updated from Windows 10 Home 1803 to 1903 yesterday June 19th 2019. Everything seemed fine after that until I discovered that the web searches are no longer included in my searches from the search bar. It only displays local content from my docs,...
  9. Windows 10 Search not working - no results returned

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search not working - no results returned: Windows 10 search bar returns no results. If I restart the Windows Seach service then Search will provided results once before failing again. I have done the following:- Updated Windows Restarted Cortana Changed Pagefile parameters Unistalled Bullguard Anti-virus The...
  10. Windows Search returning no results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search returning no results: Windows Search returning no results on one of my external harddrives. I've trawled through pages of Google's advice and I have already: Tried indexing the HDD and rebuilding. Non-indexing and rebuilding. Indexing only specific folders on the HDD and rebuilding....