Windows 10: Windows 10 search bar won't work

Discus and support Windows 10 search bar won't work in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, every time I click on search bar on the down left to search for something it just opens and then closes again on its own crashing probably,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by OmarDawood20019, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Windows 10 search bar won't work

Hello, every time I click on search bar on the down left to search for something it just opens and then closes again on its own crashing probably, hence I can't type anything at all.Any solutions please? windows was working fine and suddenly this happened today.

:)

OmarDawood20019, Aug 11, 2022

2. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the search and indexing troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on the Indexing Options.
    • Click on the Troubleshoot search and indexing.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    sfc /scannow

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

Windows help & learning

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 11, 2022
  4. Windows 10 search bar won't work

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 search bar won't work

1. Windows 10 search bar won't work - Similar Threads - search bar won't

2. Windows 10 search bar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 search bar not working: Windows 10 search bar not working. Tried to Google for repair and nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-bar-not-working/79061bb5-9723-4f60-9aa5-50c041c44359
  3. Windows 10 search bar won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search bar won't work: Hello, every time I click on search bar on the down left to search for something it just opens and then closes again on its own crashing probably, hence I can't type anything at all.Any solutions please? windows was working fine and suddenly this happened today....
  4. Windows 10 search bar won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 search bar won't work: Hello, every time I click on search bar on the down left to search for something it just opens and then closes again on its own crashing probably, hence I can't type anything at all.Any solutions please? windows was working fine and suddenly this happened today....
  5. Windows 10 Search Bars Not Working, Won't Let Me Type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Bars Not Working, Won't Let Me Type: For about a year or more, I've been having a problem with all my Windows search bars. Like I said, it is all the search bars within Windows, from the one on the bottom of the screen next to the start menu, to the ones at the top of Windows screens next to the URL bar. When I...
  6. Search Bar and Cortana won't work?

in Cortana
    Search Bar and Cortana won't work?: This happened like a week ago when my computer was force-shut off before it fully shut itself off. I can't use the Search Bar without it glowing a lighter grey then closing itself. Cortana does the same thing, Glows lighter then closes. I've also been having trouble with...
  7. Native search bars won't work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Native search bars won't work.: Title. When I try and use any search bar in any native application, it doesn't work. To be absolutely clear, it is just search bars. So like, if I open settings the search bar at the top doesn't work. But if I try and use the "rename this PC" function, that text box works. Of...
  8. Microsoft store and search bar won't work

Microsoft store and search bar won't work: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fakeDABOMB101 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jzvmtf/microsoft_store_and_search_bar_wont_work/
  9. Windows 10 search bar not working

Windows 10 search bar not working: Whenever I press the search bar it either pops up as a grey screen for a second and crashes, or just disappears. This has been going on for the past day, I’ve tried restarting but it hasn’t worked. Any help would be appreciated. submitted by /u/C0nfusedBoy [link]...
  10. Search bar not working on Windows 10

Search bar not working on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Hello, since this morning the Windows 10 search bar is not working. When I am trying to search for something, its just empty. I've tried many things on the Internet but cannot find anything. Maybe you guys have a solution to my problem ? Thank you....