Windows 10: Windows 10 search bar

Discus and support Windows 10 search bar in Cortana to solve the problem; There is a rectangular white box flasing on the search bar. Any suggestionsto remove?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Sharathvasam, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Windows 10 search bar

There is a rectangular white box flasing on the search bar. Any suggestionsto remove?

:)

Sharathvasam, Jun 14, 2021

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 14, 2021
  3. I_askYou Win User
    Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Windows 10 search bar

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 search bar

1. Windows 10 search bar - Similar Threads - search bar

2. Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps: I have Windows 10 Pro x64 on my desktop and I recently downloaded a couple applications that I have installed. When I tap on the windows key it brings up recently installed apps and I can find it there, however, when I search up the app "Razer Synapse" nothing appears. I've...
  3. Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps: I have Windows 10 Pro x64 on my desktop and I recently downloaded a couple applications that I have installed. When I tap on the windows key it brings up recently installed apps and I can find it there, however, when I search up the app "Razer Synapse" nothing appears. I've...
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Arabic search bar on my lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arabic search bar on my lockscreen: Hi! So I just got my new laptop from Acer, nothing's out of ordinary besides that Arabic search bar on my lockscreen everytime I turn on my laptop or restart it, it's still there, I have no idea how to remove it. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you. P.S: I'm using...
  6. Arabic search bar on my lockscreen

Arabic search bar on my lockscreen: Hi! So I just got my new laptop from Acer, nothing's out of ordinary besides that Arabic search bar on my lockscreen everytime I turn on my laptop or restart it, it's still there, I have no idea how to remove it. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you. P.S: I'm using...
  7. How do I clear my file explorer search bar in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clear my file explorer search bar in windows 11?: I'm trying to clear my search bar but I'm not sure what I'm doing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-my-file-explorer-search-bar-in/0a8430c5-c865-43df-b32f-24fa1615e8d4
  8. How do I clear my file explorer search bar in windows 11?

How do I clear my file explorer search bar in windows 11?: I'm trying to clear my search bar but I'm not sure what I'm doing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-my-file-explorer-search-bar-in/0a8430c5-c865-43df-b32f-24fa1615e8d4
  9. How do I clear my file explorer search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clear my file explorer search bar?: I'm trying to clear my search bar but I'm not sure what I'm doing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-my-file-explorer-search-bar/0a8430c5-c865-43df-b32f-24fa1615e8d4
  10. How do I clear my file explorer search bar?

How do I clear my file explorer search bar?: I'm trying to clear my search bar but I'm not sure what I'm doing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-my-file-explorer-search-bar/0a8430c5-c865-43df-b32f-24fa1615e8d4