Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Bars Not Working, Won't Let Me Type

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Bars Not Working, Won't Let Me Type in Cortana to solve the problem; For about a year or more, I've been having a problem with all my Windows search bars. Like I said, it is all the search bars within Windows, from the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by whimsicaltoday, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Search Bars Not Working, Won't Let Me Type

For about a year or more, I've been having a problem with all my Windows search bars. Like I said, it is all the search bars within Windows, from the one on the bottom of the screen next to the start menu, to the ones at the top of Windows screens next to the URL bar. When I click on a search bar to type in it, the search bar flashes grey and then gets rid of my blinking cursor. You can see me demonstrate the problem here.It will not let me type anything, leaving me unable to search for anything. I have been googling possible fixes for this problem for a year now, trying every solution I've co

:)

whimsicaltoday, Apr 29, 2022

2. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 29, 2022
  3. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Apr 29, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Search Bars Not Working, Won't Let Me Type

Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the search and indexing troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on the Indexing Options.
    • Click on the Troubleshoot search and indexing.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    sfc /scannow

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

Windows help & learning

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 29, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Bars Not Working, Won't Let Me Type

1. Windows 10 Search Bars Not Working, Won't Let Me Type - Similar Threads - Search Bars Working

2. The search won't let me type anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The search won't let me type anything: I restarted my computer after installing iTunes and now it won't let me type in the search box in the start menu. If anyone knows what that means or needs any clarification, let me know. Thank you. submitted by /u/MotesBro [link] [comments]...
  3. My search bar and calendar aren't working. Calendar won't open, search bar won't let me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search bar and calendar aren't working. Calendar won't open, search bar won't let me...: As the title says. I've been troubleshooting for hours.Things I've tried include:1. Resetting the windows search through task manager2. resetting font settings including resetting the windows font service through services.msc3. Every single other fix suggested in this video:...
  4. My search bar and calendar aren't working. Calendar won't open, search bar won't let me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My search bar and calendar aren't working. Calendar won't open, search bar won't let me...: As the title says. I've been troubleshooting for hours.Things I've tried include:1. Resetting the windows search through task manager2. resetting font settings including resetting the windows font service through services.msc3. Every single other fix suggested in this video:...
  5. My search bar and calendar aren't working. Calendar won't open, search bar won't let me...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 Search Bars Not Working, Won't Let Me Type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Bars Not Working, Won't Let Me Type: For about a year or more, I've been having a problem with all my Windows search bars. Like I said, it is all the search bars within Windows, from the one on the bottom of the screen next to the start menu, to the ones at the top of Windows screens next to the URL bar. When I...
  7. Windows 10 Search Bars Not Working, Won't Let Me Type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Search Bars Not Working, Won't Let Me Type: For about a year or more, I've been having a problem with all my Windows search bars. Like I said, it is all the search bars within Windows, from the one on the bottom of the screen next to the start menu, to the ones at the top of Windows screens next to the URL bar. When I...
  8. Windows search won't let me type

in Cortana
    Windows search won't let me type: Since the most recent June windows update I have been unable to click the search menu. Same goes for windows explorer, can't even highlight the search box to begin to type. Tried rolling back the update and going back but settings say I can't do that either...I've searched...
  9. Windows Explorer Search Bar won't let me type in it

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Search Bar won't let me type in it: I switched to 10 from 7 yesterday because of the support drop, trying to get things how I like it, but something appears to be wrong with specifically the search bar in Windows Explorer, sometimes it works fine, but then when I go to click on it, nothing happens at all, it...
  10. It won't let me search on the index bar.

in Cortana
    It won't let me search on the index bar.: Hello, so when I want to type anything on they index searching it won't let me every time when I want to type it won't show the letters. Is it a bug? is it repairable? OR is it something that happened while updating windows?...