Windows 10: Windows 10 search box covers almost full of the screen

Discus and support Windows 10 search box covers almost full of the screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have my Windows search box and whenever I open it there is a blank area where it covers the screen. I dont know when it happens since I dont use it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jayda_dooley93, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Windows 10 search box covers almost full of the screen

I have my Windows search box and whenever I open it there is a blank area where it covers the screen. I dont know when it happens since I dont use it that much but I want to fix it

:)

jayda_dooley93, Sep 11, 2022

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 11, 2022
  3. JohnHeinz Win User
    Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Sep 11, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 search box covers almost full of the screen

search box not there.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

• Have you already upgraded to Windows 10 final version?
    This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows search files or settings.

I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

I hope this information helps.Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Arul_D, Sep 11, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 search box covers almost full of the screen

1. Windows 10 search box covers almost full of the screen - Similar Threads - search box covers

2. Windows 10 search box covers almost full of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search box covers almost full of the screen: I have my Windows search box and whenever I open it there is a blank area where it covers the screen. I dont know when it happens since I dont use it that much but I want to fix it...
  3. Windows 10 search box covers almost full of the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 search box covers almost full of the screen: I have my Windows search box and whenever I open it there is a blank area where it covers the screen. I dont know when it happens since I dont use it that much but I want to fix it...
  4. Search box in windows 10 is covered up

in Cortana
    Search box in windows 10 is covered up: When searching in Windows 10, I cannot see all of the results because this is this big grey box covering the results. How can I remedy this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-in-windows-10-is-covered-up/00b1ac4b-494d-4866-bd5c-de379f0b0c71
  5. Search box in windows 10 is covered up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search box in windows 10 is covered up: When searching in Windows 10, I cannot see all of the results because this is this big grey box covering the results. How can I remedy this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-in-windows-10-is-covered-up/00b1ac4b-494d-4866-bd5c-de379f0b0c71
  6. Search box in windows 10 is covered up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Search Bar Covered

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Covered: My search screen is covered by something black while I am searching. When I click outside of the search bar everything looks normal.How can I solve this issue....
  8. Search covered by black box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search covered by black box: Hi! Suddenly today, for no apparent reason, my search is acting funny. No matter what I have to do with search, local or online, a black box has started to appear on it and I can no longer search from there. As you can see in theimage click on the word "image", for some...
  9. Black opaque box covering search

in Cortana
    Black opaque box covering search: Whenever I try to report this, it disappears, however I have managed to get it on Feedback Hub, although, unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't even look at feedback on there....
  10. Search box covers shortcuts!

in Windows 10 Support
    Search box covers shortcuts!: After upgrading windows 8.1 to 10, there is a problem in taskbar. Search box and task view button covers pinned application icons and if I want to make shortcuts visible I have to hide them. Look at the video I recorded from this strange bug:...