Windows 10: Windows 10 search box does not display File Explorer

Discus and support Windows 10 search box does not display File Explorer in Cortana to solve the problem; When I search for "File Explorer" in the search bar on my Windows 10 device the one in the bottom left corner, File Explorer does not show up. The best... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JordanBruck, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Windows 10 search box does not display File Explorer

When I search for "File Explorer" in the search bar on my Windows 10 device the one in the bottom left corner, File Explorer does not show up. The best match feature shows me "File Explorer Options" in the Control Panel, rather than the File Explorer app. Yes, I know I can access it from other means, but I do not want to, the muscle memory from decades of work is too much to change. When I search "File Explorer," File Explorer should appear in that search. I have tried changing search settings in every way possible. I have the app downloaded, it is in C:/Windows, even after removing the fold

:)

JordanBruck, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 12, 2023
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Mar 12, 2023
  4. Xi Zhuang Win User

Windows 10 search box does not display File Explorer

File explorer search box history dispears after click Quick access

Windows 10 version 20h2

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open file explorer

2. type something in search box

3. clear search box

4. click search box again, you will see a drop down list showing recent search history

5. click the Quick access which is located at the top of file explorer Navigation pane

6. click search box again, it does not show the history list anymore

I have to close file explorer and open it again to get the search history back.

Xi Zhuang, Mar 12, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 search box does not display File Explorer

1. Windows 10 search box does not display File Explorer - Similar Threads - search box does

2. Windows 10 search box does not display File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search box does not display File Explorer: When I search for "File Explorer" in the search bar on my Windows 10 device the one in the bottom left corner, File Explorer does not show up. The best match feature shows me "File Explorer Options" in the Control Panel, rather than the File Explorer app. Yes, I know I can...
  3. Windows 10 search box does not display File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 search box does not display File Explorer: When I search for "File Explorer" in the search bar on my Windows 10 device the one in the bottom left corner, File Explorer does not show up. The best match feature shows me "File Explorer Options" in the Control Panel, rather than the File Explorer app. Yes, I know I can...
  4. Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does

in Cortana
    Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does: What the title says. I've checked the 'index properties and file contents' box in the advanced options for indexing. I have rebuilt my index at least 2 times. I thought that my indexing was not working - but it does. I know this because I can search for file contents through...
  5. Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does: What the title says. I've checked the 'index properties and file contents' box in the advanced options for indexing. I have rebuilt my index at least 2 times. I thought that my indexing was not working - but it does. I know this because I can search for file contents through...
  6. Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer Search Box

in Cortana
    Windows 10 File Explorer Search Box: File Explorer Search - does anyone know how the search algorithm works or if there is any rhyme or reason for the order of results? Or better yet, do you know a way to define sort rules for this search?...
  8. File Explorer search box

in Cortana
    File Explorer search box: When I start to type into the 'search' box on File Explorer on the right side of the address bar, if I type at normal speed the first one or two characters do not appear or are overwritten as I type. I have File Explorer set to automatically start in the 'search' box. To...
  9. File Explorer Search box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Search box: When I start to type into the 'search' box on File Explorer on the right side of the address bar, if I type at normal speed the first one or two characters do not appear or are overwitten as I type. I have File Explorer set to automatically start in the 'search' box. To...
  10. Why does Windows 10 File Explorer Search box not work correctly?

in Cortana
    Why does Windows 10 File Explorer Search box not work correctly?: Almost 90% of the time, I click in Search box of Windows File Explorer in Windows 10 Pro on a LOCAL C: drive not a portable drive, and it won't take my click. If I click a 2nd or 3rd time, it takes and then I can type or select a prev search query. Sometimes, I can click...