Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Box Seems To Have Forgotten Where Everything Is

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Box Seems To Have Forgotten Where Everything Is in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; EditionWindows 10 Enterprise Version21H1 OS build19043.1165 ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0 ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BoSven, Aug 12, 2021.

1. BoSven Win User

Windows 10 Search Box Seems To Have Forgotten Where Everything Is

EditionWindows 10 Enterprise Version21H1 OS build19043.1165 ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0 ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz Installed RAM32.0 GB System type64-bit operating system, x64-based processor For the longest time, all I had to do to find a program that I wanted, was to start typing in the Windows Search Box, down at the bottom left, near the Start Menu. But, as of recent, that procedure does not seem to work anymore. The two predominant programs that I called upon the most, were, Windows SandBox, and Internet Options. All I had to do was type, "sand", and the Search Box did the rest. It found exactly what I wanted, and all I had to do, was, click on to Run As Admin, and away I went. The same with Internet Options. Now with that search, I did have to at least get in the, "O" after the word Internet, but it still found what I wanted. Now, when I type anything, the best I receive is, "see web results". As my title says, Windows 10 Search Box seems to have forgotten where everything is. Any guidance with this dilemma? Thanks.

:)

BoSven, Aug 12, 2021

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 12, 2021
  3. JohnHeinz Win User
    Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Aug 12, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

search box not there.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

• Have you already upgraded to Windows 10 final version?
    This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows search files or settings.

I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

I hope this information helps.Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Arul_D, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Search Box Seems To Have Forgotten Where Everything Is - Similar Threads - Search Box Seems

2. Wheres the box????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wheres the box????: I just upgraded from W10 to W11 on my Lenovo Yoga laptop.On Windows 10 there was a little box on the lower right hand corner that contained some options including "connect' which led me to being able to cast my pc screen on my Amazon Firestick. That box does not seem to be on...
  3. Wheres the box????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wheres the box????: I just upgraded from W10 to W11 on my Lenovo Yoga laptop.On Windows 10 there was a little box on the lower right hand corner that contained some options including "connect' which led me to being able to cast my pc screen on my Amazon Firestick. That box does not seem to be on...
  4. Windows 10 search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search box: Hi,I need help my lower left search bar is unusable, I tried clicking it and it will goes off after split second. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-box/fc553394-f1e0-4d8c-b2be-ed3347755fd9
  5. Windows 10 search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 search box: Hi,I need help my lower left search bar is unusable, I tried clicking it and it will goes off after split second. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-box/fc553394-f1e0-4d8c-b2be-ed3347755fd9
  6. Windows 10 search box

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 Search Box

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Box: Lower left search box when clicked stays on for only a second then off ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-box/4a53690e-0785-4195-8e6c-ba6809e908ae
  8. Have lost my search box

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Have lost my search box: Following installing the latest updates I have lost the Type here to search box function - any ideas please? 164084
  9. Windows 10 Search Box

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Box: I cannot do searches that access the internet via the search box in the Windows 10 taskbar search box. I could in the past but I can't now. What have I done to cause this and, more importantly how can I fix it? I really like the results of searches in the past and I would...
  10. Where is the file search box in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is the file search box in Win 10?: In Win 7, one clicked on Start and you could then search for any file in your entire computer by entering its name (or part of it's name) in the file search box. In Win 10, you have to ask Cortana who won't locate a file for you. Where has the file search box covering all...