Windows 10: Windows 10 search box weird location

Discus and support Windows 10 search box weird location in Cortana to solve the problem; I just upgraded form an SSHD to an M.2 and reinstalled Windows. It's been updated to 1903 and all the other latest updates. But when I search... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Ghost Boner, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 search box weird location

I just upgraded form an SSHD to an M.2 and reinstalled Windows. It's been updated to 1903 and all the other latest updates. But when I search something, the box comes up as normal and it searches everything just fine and dandy, it's just the location of the box.

It's the gap between the search box and the edge of the screen. Why is it like this? It's going to drive me crazy.

Windows 10 search box weird location 95b4aefb-0dd7-47a7-ab47-b7f4d777b771?upload=true.png

:)

Ghost Boner, Jul 27, 2019

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 27, 2019
  3. JohnHeinz Win User
    Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Windows 10 search box weird location

Search box in Windows 10 is not working

Hello Catherine,

A quick question before we proceed:

What is the make and model of the PC?

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1: Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.
    • Run the Troubleshooter.

Method 2:

I suggest that you restart the Windows search service on the computer and check if the issue persists.

• Press “Windows + R” key together for Run Prompt and type “services.msc”, click
      OK
    • This will open the Windows Service Management Window. Scroll down and locate “Windows Search”. Right click on “Windows Search” service and click
      Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 search box weird location

1. Windows 10 search box weird location - Similar Threads - search box weird

2. Windows 10 search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search box: Hi,I need help my lower left search bar is unusable, I tried clicking it and it will goes off after split second. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-box/fc553394-f1e0-4d8c-b2be-ed3347755fd9
  3. Windows 10 search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 search box: Hi,I need help my lower left search bar is unusable, I tried clicking it and it will goes off after split second. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-box/fc553394-f1e0-4d8c-b2be-ed3347755fd9
  4. Windows 10 search box

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. weird code appears in the search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird code appears in the search box: what is this weird code or message appears in the search box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-code-appears-in-the-search-box/1c538f5c-6c30-473c-8bf6-db061b5dc849
  6. weird code appears in the search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird code appears in the search box: what is this weird code or message appears in the search box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-code-appears-in-the-search-box/1c538f5c-6c30-473c-8bf6-db061b5dc849
  7. Weird white "padding" on windows search box after an update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird white "padding" on windows search box after an update: I recently installed the update KB5003214 on my PC and now the windows search box has this weird paddingnot sure what to call it around it whenever I boot my PC up. When I hover over the box or click on it or Start, it disappears and the box returns to normal.From my...
  8. Weird boxes-

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird boxes-: As you read the titleI have some weird little boxes that appears:BlackWhiteI don't know how to really explain this one... but it's like hex colors like a glitch but it's in a box form.I WOULD Share a photo but every time I take a screenshot it doesn't show it's there...I also...
  9. Windows 10 Search Box

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Box: Lower left search box when clicked stays on for only a second then off ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-box/4a53690e-0785-4195-8e6c-ba6809e908ae
  10. Windows 10 Search Box

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Box: I cannot do searches that access the internet via the search box in the Windows 10 taskbar search box. I could in the past but I can't now. What have I done to cause this and, more importantly how can I fix it? I really like the results of searches in the past and I would...