Windows 10: Windows 10 search color not matching since latest update

Discus and support Windows 10 search color not matching since latest update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] My entire search box was blue up until the last update. Now, the box displaying the details of the result is black. More specifically, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/altinaorion, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Windows 10 search color not matching since latest update

Windows 10 search color not matching since latest update _BpWkn138Hm7842Y-q-HiydyCpJPMh_OmoccwPnFao4.jpg

My entire search box was blue up until the last update. Now, the box displaying the details of the result is black. More specifically, it has a pure black frame, and a slightly less dark background, if that makes sense. As you can see on the other window, the color is supposed to cover the entire search box, as well, which is why I ruled out that this may be on purpose.

Has anyone else noticed this?

https://preview.redd.it/kylxyqzsk56...bp&s=87e1d313a9608bc7cb99eb9f1b461815c2f46dc7

submitted by /u/altinaorion
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/altinaorion, Jun 17, 2022
  2. erpguy53 Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

need KB4048970 if using Vista - that's the latest win32k.sys patch. while it's listed for Windows Server 2008 only, it should also install & work under Vista SP2 as I've tested myself on an old Vista machine.

for Win7 SP1, KB3172605 or better to speed up Windows Update searches as noted here:
    Search for Windows Updates takes forever? - A possible solution

erpguy53, Jun 17, 2022
  3. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 17, 2022
  4. enso Win User

Windows 10 search color not matching since latest update

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Windows 10 search color not matching since latest update

1. Windows 10 search color not matching since latest update - Similar Threads - search color matching

2. Windows 10 Search Feature since March Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Search Feature since March Update: In file explorer, I used to be able to run a search in the search field, when it completed, I could delete the search phrase from the window and file explorer would return to the folder I was searching. Now it does not. It just remains as a search window only for that folder....
  3. Can't search in the Windows button or File Explorer since the latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't search in the Windows button or File Explorer since the latest update: Title says it all, I've tried restarting my PC and ending the File Explorer task in Task Manager. It seems to have only started when I updated. submitted by /u/SaltPrinter [link] [comments]...
  4. Can't print since latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't print since latest Windows 10 Update: When I try to print I'm forced to a login screen for something called One Note. I have no idea what this is. I even logged in then got dumped to what looks like a window where I can write things. This happens no matter what program I want to print from....
  5. Cannot print since latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot print since latest Windows 10 update: Hi there, One of our users can no longer print since her laptop got the most recent Windows 10 updates (her laptop is up-to-date as of this morning). One of three things happens when she tries to print: -- The application shows all the installed printers in the...
  6. Since latest Windows 10 update computerwill not open

Since latest Windows 10 update computerwill not open: Following latest Windows 10 update on Dell Laptop following Sign in the following message is received -System 32 Config system profile Desktop is unavailable - this keeps repeating and computer does not respond to anything other than to shut down....
  7. Start menu's search box is dislocation since latest update (1903).

Start menu's search box is dislocation since latest update (1903).: The search box is dislocation to more right side when you set the search button to "Hide", which is some kind uncomfortable. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menus-search-box-is-dislocation-since-latest/4b0512e2-bc72-44f5-a32f-0baef1768544
  8. Windows 10 search not finding "Best Match"

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search not finding "Best Match": Within the last couple of days, Windows search Best Match has become defective. For instance, when I used to type "scree", my screenshots folder would be at the top of the best match results. Now I type "scree", and it gives me the Best Match of Screenshot (181).png, and it...
  9. Color inversion problems on the latest windows 10 updates

Color inversion problems on the latest windows 10 updates: Hi, recently I've installed the newest version of windows updates. I noticed after the updates were completed, the fonts in the right-click menu turned into white. The border around some of the windows are visibly thick and clearly noticeable. Most of the color are inverted...
  10. Irregular crashes since latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Irregular crashes since latest Windows 10 update: Help, I actually repair and update other people's PCs and Laptops for a living, but this is doing my head in ! Ever since the latest Windows update, 1803 I believe, I am having multiple problems with this PC. It crashes as a usual BSOD, completely unexpectedly and randomly,...