Windows 10: Windows 10 Search degraded, Indexing progress failing to retain status

Discus and support Windows 10 Search degraded, Indexing progress failing to retain status in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Search function is failing, so I started to re-index. As of today, number of indexed items has fallen dramatically, while Pending Items... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Michael Beveridge, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Search degraded, Indexing progress failing to retain status

My Windows 10 Search function is failing, so I started to re-index. As of today, number of indexed items has fallen dramatically, while Pending Items has increased dramatically. I am using "Enhanced".

Total Items are about 782,000.

Are there any known problems with the indexing process ? Status has proceeded favorably for several days, until today.

:)

Michael Beveridge, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Search - Indexing not running

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you're having issues when using search is because of a corrupted user profile. For us to assist you, we suggest that you create another account with administrator privileges and try to use the search feature again. Here's an
    article that you can visit to see how to do it:
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the steps listed below to correct the settings of your Indexed folder:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type %LocalAppData%.
    • Select Packages.
    • Click on windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy.
    • Choose LocalState.
    • Right-click the Indexed folder.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click Advanced.
    • Click the checkbox beside Allow files in this folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties so that a check mark appears.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK. A window with a progress bar will pop up as the folder is indexed.
    • Click OK when the indexing progress is finished.

After doing the steps provided, kindly try to use the search feature again.

Kindly update us with the results and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Jan 13, 2021
  4. NovatoN Win User

Windows 10 Search degraded, Indexing progress failing to retain status

Windows 10 not displaying search results for indexed shortcuts in a folder.

Thanks Deepika,

I had tried running this troubleshooter before, but I've just run it again with "Files don't appear in search results" and "My problem isn't listed above" ticked, and it comes up with "Issue not present" against all potential issues, and "Troubleshooting
    couldn't identify the problem", even after troubleshooting as an administrator.

I'd be glad of any other suggestions please!

NovatoN, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Search degraded, Indexing progress failing to retain status

1. Windows 10 Search degraded, Indexing progress failing to retain status - Similar Threads - Search degraded Indexing

2. windows search and indexing

in Cortana
    windows search and indexing: 1 my windows search does not search the d directory. 2 it happened at once that my index stopped working, when i go to the settings is crashes, i have tried all methods like run, command prompt, and at the end i restarted windows from iso, now i don't know what else i can...
  3. Windows 10 not searching or indexing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not searching or indexing: No indexing, so I sfc /scannow ,dism etc, rebuild, re-ran windows 20H2,restoro,restore, and still indexing will not come around. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-searching-or-indexing/db14f97d-377c-4769-8105-3edae83ce2b5
  4. OneDrive Status Icons and Windows Indexing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Status Icons and Windows Indexing: Hey Guys, I noticed a problem while using OneDrive and Windows indexing system. My OneDrive folder is located in my "D" drive, and after the sync is finished, I realized that all the folders has the green check, like if they were selected to be avaiable offline. But they...
  5. OneDrive Status Icons and Windows Indexing

OneDrive Status Icons and Windows Indexing: Hey Guys, I noticed a problem while using OneDrive and Windows indexing system. My OneDrive folder is located in my "D" drive, and after the sync is finished, I realized that all the folders has the green check, like if they were selected to be avaiable offline. But they...
  6. Windows 10 : User account status degraded ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 : User account status degraded ?: What does it mean when the user account status is "degraded"? This is happened with My default User Account. I tried the following methods to re-enable user account status : $ net user darty /active:yes log: La commande s’est terminée correctement. Sames this command...
  7. Windows 10 Search Index failing to keep up-to-date

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search Index failing to keep up-to-date: I am using Widows Search to query the contents of a large collection of pdf documents. Normally, when new pdf files ware added to the collection, these are immediately and automatically indexed, and promptly appear in the search results. However, after sucessfully...
  8. Windows 10 Search Index failing to keep up-to-date

Windows 10 Search Index failing to keep up-to-date: I am using Widows Search to query the contents of a collection of around 200,000 pdf files. Normally, when new pdf files are added to the collection, these would be immediately and automatically indexed, and promptly appear in the search results. However, after sucessfully...
  9. windows 10 search and indexing

in Cortana
    windows 10 search and indexing: Search is not working in File Explorer Windows 10. When I use Control Panel for Indexing Options I have no one included location after very long waiting. Nothing changed here after I use Rebuild in Advanced: no included location again. I did Stop and Restart of Windows Search...
  10. Windows File Indexing - current progress

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows File Indexing - current progress: I wanted to include the contents of .tpl files in searches so I made the appropriate changes in Indexing Options and also chose to Delete and rebuild index which will apparantly take a long time. But how do I know when it is complete or what progress has been made so far?...