Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results in Cortana to solve the problem; Certain programs on seem to have broken search results. There are many examples on my PC but I will use GIMP to explain the issue. As seen below the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Holden Bagley, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results

Certain programs on seem to have broken search results. There are many examples on my PC but I will use GIMP to explain the issue. As seen below the ""best match"" provides me with a broken result. I cannot open this item, Right click this item, or interact with it in any way. you can see below under apps the gimp application itself, clicking that result works fine and acts as expected.Second image proving GIMP is installed correctly and launches like normal.What can i do to make these broken results disappear so the actual result can be displayed properly? Do keep in mind this is an issue wit

:)

Holden Bagley, Nov 12, 2022
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Nov 12, 2022
  3. Shawn Brink, Nov 12, 2022
  4. NovatoN Win User

Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results

Windows 10 not displaying search results for indexed shortcuts in a folder.

Thanks Deepika,

I had tried running this troubleshooter before, but I've just run it again with "Files don't appear in search results" and "My problem isn't listed above" ticked, and it comes up with "Issue not present" against all potential issues, and "Troubleshooting
    couldn't identify the problem", even after troubleshooting as an administrator.

I'd be glad of any other suggestions please!

NovatoN, Nov 12, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results

1. Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results - Similar Threads - Search Displaying Broken

2. Broken search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken search results: Hi!I've found out on different threads that "File Search" functionality has not been altered between Win 10 and 11. I remember it vividly by searching through the file names directly, supposed to give me the exact results but I keep on ending up with completely unrelated...
  3. Broken search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken search results: Hi!I've found out on different threads that "File Search" functionality has not been altered between Win 10 and 11. I remember it vividly by searching through the file names directly, supposed to give me the exact results but I keep on ending up with completely unrelated...
  4. Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results

Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results: Certain programs on seem to have broken search results. There are many examples on my PC but I will use GIMP to explain the issue. As seen below the ""best match"" provides me with a broken result. I cannot open this item, Right click this item, or interact with it in any...
  5. Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results: Certain programs on seem to have broken search results. There are many examples on my PC but I will use GIMP to explain the issue. As seen below the ""best match"" provides me with a broken result. I cannot open this item, Right click this item, or interact with it in any...
  6. Missing/broken icons in search results

in Cortana
    Missing/broken icons in search results: [ATTACH] Hello community! I am having the problem represented in the annexed image: some program icons are missing/not displayed in the results of the search tab. The problem seems to affect mainly Windows apps office suite, Groove Music, Calculator, Calendar and others, but...
  7. Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout

in Cortana
    Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout: Hi, Since few days ago Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout. Other user profiles on the same PC do not suffer. Does anyone know where it keeps (file / registry location?) its settings in order to reset them? I am using Windows 10 1903. Thx. [ATTACH]...
  8. Broken Windows 10 store app icon in search result.

Broken Windows 10 store app icon in search result.: Today I had run "wsreset.exe" to reset my Windows 10 store after completing the Windows 10 store app icons appear broken in search results in Start Menu. I've attached the image to get the better idea of what I'm talking about. Did anyone face the issue after using...
  9. Broken search result links

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken search result links: Hey guys, first time poster here, I have a weird issues right now. So recently I reinstalled both GOG galaxy and Gwent to a different drive on my pc and since then I have this issue https://i.imgur.com/tSWkpTa.jpg Before I could type Gwent or gog in start menu and they...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu Search Not Displaying Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Search Not Displaying Results: When I go to search something like "photoshop" Adobe Photoshop CC should pop up. But I only get results from searching on Bing and not from searching the computer locally. 17229