Windows 10: Windows 10: Search doesn't work, Settings crashes every time

Discus and support Windows 10: Search doesn't work, Settings crashes every time in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi! I currently run the recently updated Windows 10. I noticed recently that the Search function in the Start Menu and Explorer does not work. Even... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Lanceswish24, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10: Search doesn't work, Settings crashes every time

Hi!

I currently run the recently updated Windows 10. I noticed recently that the Search function in the Start Menu and Explorer does not work. Even clicking the Search icon on the taskbar does nothing. I went on the internet to find any fixes for this and one solution involved opening Settings. Unfortunately, this is when I discovered that the Settings is also experiencing an issue. The window opens for a few seconds blankly, but crashes right after.

Please advice. Thank you!

:)

Lanceswish24, Mar 23, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10: Search doesn't work, Settings crashes every time [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vijay,

thanks for response. I tried your steps with a Google DNS and Open DNS - but it doesn´t help.

The game still crashes in the moment I try to run it.

I'll be glad for another solutions.

Vít Řípa, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Windows 10: Search doesn't work, Settings crashes every time

Activation of Windows 10 Pro doesn´t work

Hallo, i can´t activate my windows 10 Pro (free upgrade from windows 7);

Info: 0xC0EA000A

Manual activation doesn´t work either.

Important (i think): I had to re-install windows 10 (3 or even 4 times). because I had massive problems with "Start and Cortana Issues".

I hope, I don´t have to search the old product key.

PS. Yes, Windows 7 was genuine.

MichalMichalczyk, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10: Search doesn't work, Settings crashes every time

1. Windows 10: Search doesn't work, Settings crashes every time - Similar Threads - Search doesn't Settings

2. Search is crashing at similar times in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search is crashing at similar times in windows 10: Hello guys,so i have an issue with the Search app in windows 10,every day for the last 3 days it crashed around the same time 8,9,10 pm in that orderI didnt use search at the time of the crash,it just happened by itself.When i look into the reliability monitor it says:A...
  3. Search is crashing at similar times in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search is crashing at similar times in windows 10: Hello guys,so i have an issue with the Search app in windows 10,every day for the last 3 days it crashed around the same time 8,9,10 pm in that orderI didnt use search at the time of the crash,it just happened by itself.When i look into the reliability monitor it says:A...
  4. Search is crashing at similar times in windows 10

in Cortana
  5. Settings app crashing every time I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  6. Settings app crashing every time I open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  7. Windows crashing every time!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows crashing every time!: Why is it that when windows crashes 4 or 5 times per 2 hrs in my new PC, it becomes totally unresponsive, pls help, also recently I made a post on updating my PC problem which I thought would solve the problem but it didn't and made it worse, any suggestions ? submitted by...
  8. Set Time Zone Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Time Zone Doesn't Work: I'm currently on the west coast not east. Time zone is set to update automatically, but it doesn't work. I have tried most of the solutions on the internet. Can somebody help me with this issue?...
  9. Windows 10 Search Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Search Doesn't Work: I have several hard drives installed in my computer. I was looking for a particular .exe file that I have stored on my computer named "Webshots." When I typed Webshots into the search box, it only came back with web results. So I opened each of my drives and found...
  10. Windows 10 Search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search doesn't work: Hi there The Search doesn't work properly whether done via Brink's method (using the Charms and getting the search bar up) or searching using the menu search. (You can use file explorer but if I just want to find a file I shouldn't have to use that given there IS a...