Windows 10: Windows 10 search fails on contents

Discus and support Windows 10 search fails on contents in Cortana to solve the problem; Trying to search file contents with text "path" (such as "LogfilePath". Windows search fails this but works with complete word (like LogFilePath return... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DjJuzmo, May 3, 2019.

1. DjJuzmo Win User

Windows 10 search fails on contents

Trying to search file contents with text "path" (such as "LogfilePath". Windows search fails this but works with complete word (like LogFilePath return the file containing this word). Other text will work (Such as "Log" returns files containing "LogFile" etc.)

Something special with the word "path"

:)

DjJuzmo, May 3, 2019

2. Search Content of MHT files

Hi David,

Most probably, this is a problem with the search and indexing of your Windows 10 computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to search the content of MHT files using Cortana?
    • Have you tried searching it using the File Explorer?
    • Are you using a third-party app to search for the content of MHT files?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems.
    • Select Search and Indexing and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, May 3, 2019
  3. Metro 2033 fails to work on windows 10!

I don't recall you mentioning any trouble shooting steps attempted though. At the very least, doing a quick search and checking threads like this very well may have solved it for you. It's listed as compatible on MS' list of games that work with W10 for a reason, because many if not most are able to get it running on W10. At least some level of workaround may be required, but some got it running without doing anything.

is anyone able to get it running on windows 10 :: BioShock General Discussions

Frag Maniac, May 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 search fails on contents

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 search fails on contents

1. Windows 10 search fails on contents - Similar Threads - search fails contents

2. Resize the windows search content

in Cortana
    Resize the windows search content: Hi everyone, who read this post, I want to customize my windows search by resizing the width of windows search content. I want to resize the width like the picture below. The width of the windows search content fit the width of the square shape....
  3. Resize the windows search content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resize the windows search content: Hi everyone, who read this post, I want to customize my windows search by resizing the width of windows search content. I want to resize the width like the picture below. The width of the windows search content fit the width of the square shape....
  4. Windows 11: file search fails to search contents

Windows 11: file search fails to search contents: Hello, I'm having problems where windows search works for pdf & office files, but not files for which the "plain text filter" is used. Is this a known bug or is there a fix out there that could be downloaded?...
  5. Windows 11: file search fails to search contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: file search fails to search contents: Hello, I'm having problems where windows search works for pdf & office files, but not files for which the "plain text filter" is used. Is this a known bug or is there a fix out there that could be downloaded?...
  6. Windows Search and file content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search and file content: I have been using Windows since Windows 95, and never found the Windows Search useful. On Linux, you can just run a "grep" command and find files with the content you search for, but the Windows Search GUI almost never finds even key-names in JSON files. Why can it just...
  7. Windows Search and file content

Windows Search and file content: I have been using Windows since Windows 95, and never found the Windows Search useful. On Linux, you can just run a "grep" command and find files with the content you search for, but the Windows Search GUI almost never finds even key-names in JSON files. Why can it just...
  8. Search file contents in Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search file contents in Windows 10: Is there a way to search the contents of files in Windows 10 rather than just the file titles? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-file-contents-in-windows-10/d1fb6879-1533-43d9-9d4b-79cea1afe4ac
  9. Windows 10 search is not searching for file contents in OneDrive folder

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search is not searching for file contents in OneDrive folder: Windows 10 search is not searching for file contents in OneDrive folder, despite setting that option in Advanced Options in Indexing Options. Rebuilding index doesn't help with that. It seems to me that OneDrive setting which might preventing searching for file contents is...
  10. windows 10 explorer search content issue?

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 explorer search content issue?: I am facing issues while working on windows explorer files search. Generally, my document files having some content words in local hard drive and network location drive. Result will not showing any content word in explorer window, unwanted files are showing and searching...