Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Feature since March Update

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Feature since March Update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In file explorer, I used to be able to run a search in the search field, when it completed, I could delete the search phrase from the window and file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PokeUinDaEye, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Search Feature since March Update

In file explorer, I used to be able to run a search in the search field, when it completed, I could delete the search phrase from the window and file explorer would return to the folder I was searching. Now it does not. It just remains as a search window only for that folder. Suggestions?

:)

PokeUinDaEye, Apr 15, 2021
  2. nkatsar Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Pros:
    • No need for a script, easy to apply manually
    • Much smaller download, seems that KB3020369 is not required, only SP1 is needed
    Cons:
    • Windows Update Client downloaded by the script is newer (June 2016 version is included in KB3172605 instead of March 2016)
    • You will still need to download/install hundreds of updates afterwards, most of them are already included in KB3125574 and installed by the script

nkatsar, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    After March 2016 Windows Updates, Windows Hello gone/ Also question re Antivirus

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If it is Cumulative Update for Windows 10 March 8, 2016 then I suggest you to remove the update and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to remove the update.

• Go to Control Panel.

• Select programs and Feature.

• Click on View installed Updates.

• There select the update and uninstall it and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Search Feature since March Update

windows 10 updates-March 2018

I have March updates that will not install. The automatic updates for 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1709 for x64 based system (March KB4088776) were activated and downloaded to my computer, but they will not install on shutdown/restart.
    When I check for updates, it shows that the updates are downloaded, but when I click to uninstall, there is not a date for installation. I have researched the Windows suggestions for this problem. They tell me to remove the January 2018 updates (January
    KB4056892) and then reinstall the March update. When I attempted to uninstall the January update, I could see the update listed in the check for downloads screen, but when I click uninstall, the January update has a different reference number. Please advise.
    I have talked to my technology department and they can't determine next steps either. VERY FRUSTRATING. I need my computer for work.

JennyWilliams_642, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Feature since March Update

1. Windows 10 Search Feature since March Update - Similar Threads - Search Feature since

2. pc running terribly since march 16th update windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc running terribly since march 16th update windows 10: i've noticed since updating my windows 10 that my computer has suddenly been running very poorly. everything is generally slow and choppy, and programs are constantly freezing and nearly crashing. my toolbar also is freezing especially often. i paused updates for 7 days and...
  3. pc running terribly since march 16th update windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc running terribly since march 16th update windows 10: i've noticed since updating my windows 10 that my computer has suddenly been running very poorly. everything is generally slow and choppy, and programs are constantly freezing and nearly crashing. my toolbar also is freezing especially often. i paused updates for 7 days and...
  4. pc running terribly since march 16th update windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PLEASE HELP I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE WINDOWS SEARCH SINCE MARCH UPDATES

in Cortana
    PLEASE HELP I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE WINDOWS SEARCH SINCE MARCH UPDATES: BROOOOOO SOMEONE PLEASE HELP SINCE MARCH UPDATES I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE WINDOWS SEARCH I ALREADY MAKE A QUESTION FOR THIS PROBLEM BUT NO ONE HELPS ME I HAVE ALREADY TRIED ALL THE SOLUTIONS POSSIBLE AND I DONT WANT TO CREATE ANOTHER USER OR RESET WINDOWS AND REINSTALL IT...
  6. Windows 10 That Has Failed To Update Since March Now Is Forcing Failed Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 That Has Failed To Update Since March Now Is Forcing Failed Updates: I posted here due to update failures that have been happening since March of this year with no solutions to this on-going issue provided. I have been repeatedly pausing Windows 10 updates, since they all have been consistently failing one after another. I am finding now...
  7. Can’t update since march 2020

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t update since march 2020: Since march 2020 update whenever I update my Windows, it just can not sign in to my account. It creates a temporary account instead. I can see my account is in the Users but somehow windows doesnt want to log into it? How can I fix this? I tried restarting several times,...
  8. Problems with profile since Windows 10 Update at end of March

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with profile since Windows 10 Update at end of March: Ever since the upgrade in Windows 10 at the end of March any time the computer restarts my Outlook email requires me to re-sign in and I can't get Edge to sync get error says "we can't sign you in right now" error: 2147024894. Seems like there is a profile issue? I can...
  9. March feature update 16.0.11425.20132 for Office for Android

in Windows 10 News
    March feature update 16.0.11425.20132 for Office for Android: Announcing February feature update for Office for AndroidWe are pleased to announce the monthly feature update for Office for Android, now generally available to Office customers. Release details Released: March 18, 2019 Package version: 16.0.11425.20132 Platform: Android...
  10. Unable to use Search in start menu since 1709 feature update

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to use Search in start menu since 1709 feature update: I am pretty stumped. Since the latest feature update on my laptop only ( my other computer is ok) I cannot use the search function in the start menu I start typing and it freezes and I cannot click any of the search results the only way I can open software is my manually...