Windows 10: Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Discus and support Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I can easily search for folders with a name like "Business". But then I want to find any files in just those folders named "Assets". Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkMcDonough45, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Hi. I can easily search for folders with a name like "Business". But then I want to find any files in just those folders named "Assets". Can I either make a search using something like AND or can I search for files just within the folders I searched for to begin with.

In other words, once I find my folders, how can I search just those folders to find the files I want?

Thanks for any response.

:)

MarkMcDonough45, Oct 23, 2020
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Oct 23, 2020
  3. White Win User
    List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Searching for files with names containing the searched word, not just starting with the word.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about searching for the content on Windows.

I suggest you to Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter
    and check.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks
    to see whether you have the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Also, type the entire name of the file and check if it results the same.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

1. Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name - Similar Threads - search specific folder

2. Windows 10 file name search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file name search: I am trying to segregate all of my file names for purchases. Is there a way to search for all of the file names that contain a certain word such as AMAZON? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-name-search/d804060f-8bcc-4af9-ae98-d0958ce73333
  3. Windows 10 file name search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 file name search: I am trying to segregate all of my file names for purchases. Is there a way to search for all of the file names that contain a certain word such as AMAZON? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-name-search/d804060f-8bcc-4af9-ae98-d0958ce73333
  4. Windows 10 file name search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files in the folder is not displayed when we search the specific name in search bar.!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files in the folder is not displayed when we search the specific name in search bar.!: Recently upgraded to Windows 11, and when I tried searching a file which exists on the folder, it showed "No items to display". This remains same even I enabled indexing search. Tried few searchhost.exe tips from other forums, nothing worked. Hectic with these updates and...
  6. Files in the folder is not displayed when we search the specific name in search bar.!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in the folder is not displayed when we search the specific name in search bar.!: Recently upgraded to Windows 11, and when I tried searching a file which exists on the folder, it showed "No items to display". This remains same even I enabled indexing search. Tried few searchhost.exe tips from other forums, nothing worked. Hectic with these updates and...
  7. Searching Windows 10 folders that contain a "." in the folder name

in Cortana
    Searching Windows 10 folders that contain a "." in the folder name: //Edited title I have a set of development folders - each root folder has names with dots in them. i.e. "Myfolder.webapi" and sometimes "myfolder.webapi.myproduct". all these are legal file names. These folders themselves contain regular files and subdirectories....
  8. How do I search for specific letters in a file name on Windows 10?

How do I search for specific letters in a file name on Windows 10?: I have a ton of files that contain the letters "mu". I would like to search out only those files. But when I enter "mu" into the search field, I get a "No items match your search", which is incorrect. There are MANY files containing those letters. Is there a search trick to...
  9. Can't search file name in a Windows 10 folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't search file name in a Windows 10 folder: I used to be able to open and search a Windows 10 folder for documents whose name contains a pattern of letters and Windows 10 would display all the documents with that name pattern separately. I could then copy and paste everything displayed into another folder to work on...
  10. Folder "Search" not deleting old file names

Folder "Search" not deleting old file names: For some reason my computer isn't deleting old file names. Example: I have a picture named "Bob 1.0". I then change the name to "Bob 2.0". I then move that picture from Folder 1A to Folder 2B. When I do a search for "Bob" I get three results: I get "Bob 1.0", "Bob 2.0" in...