Windows 10: windows 10 search for applications in the start menu with letters contained in the name of...

Discus and support windows 10 search for applications in the start menu with letters contained in the name of... in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, when I use windows search widows 10 version 1909 I cannot find an application by typing letters in the middle of the name: for example I can... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RemiSharrock, Apr 3, 2020.

1. windows 10 search for applications in the start menu with letters contained in the name of...

Hello, when I use windows search widows 10 version 1909 I cannot find an application by typing letters in the middle of the name: for example I can find the application Wireshark by typing "wir" and then it appears , but when I search "shark" or "*shark" or "iresh" or any patter of letters within the name, without starting with the first letter, it doesn't work. Is it the normal behavior ? Two screenshot to understand:

windows 10 search for applications in the start menu with letters contained in the name of... ededa166-af1a-4490-8e08-6fc1e8316b36?upload=true.png

windows 10 search for applications in the start menu with letters contained in the name of... 45ccd389-5a31-4dcf-a6b7-a22c96812708?upload=true.png

:)

RemiSharrock, Apr 3, 2020

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 3, 2020
  3. quick search does not contains link inside start menu

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to follow the below Suggestions:

1. The Search bar in Widows 10 is more fast and easy. You can search your program by typing it in Search bar.

2. You can use the exact interface of Start menu of Windows 8 in Windows 10. Follow the steps below.

• Click Start menu and select "Settings".
    • Click on "Personalization" and select "Start".
    • Turn "Use Start full screen"
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 3, 2020
  4. windows 10 search for applications in the start menu with letters contained in the name of...

Start menu search not finding applications?

Do you have "All apps" listed after you click on the start button ?

windows 10 search for applications in the start menu with letters contained in the name of... [​IMG]

Then a list of apps ?

windows 10 search for applications in the start menu with letters contained in the name of... [​IMG]

COMPUTIAC Guest, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 search for applications in the start menu with letters contained in the name of...

1. windows 10 search for applications in the start menu with letters contained in the name of... - Similar Threads - search applications start

2. Start menu not showing applications after searching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu not showing applications after searching: Hello,I have been facing this issue since a couple of days now, where when I go to the search bar in the start menu and type an app name, say for example "discord", I don't see the application on my system which I have, but the browser results and other things which are not...
  3. Start menu not showing applications after searching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu not showing applications after searching: Hello,I have been facing this issue since a couple of days now, where when I go to the search bar in the start menu and type an app name, say for example "discord", I don't see the application on my system which I have, but the browser results and other things which are not...
  4. Start menu not showing applications after searching

in Cortana
  5. Searching Windows 10 folders that contain a "." in the folder name

in Cortana
    Searching Windows 10 folders that contain a "." in the folder name: //Edited title I have a set of development folders - each root folder has names with dots in them. i.e. "Myfolder.webapi" and sometimes "myfolder.webapi.myproduct". all these are legal file names. These folders themselves contain regular files and subdirectories....
  6. Searching folders that contain dots in the name

in Cortana
    Searching folders that contain dots in the name: I have a set of development folders - each root folder has names with dots in them. i.e. "Myfolder.webapi" and sometimes "myfolder.webapi.myproduct". all these are legal file names. Each of these folders is being automatically added to the excluded list in search classic...
  7. Windows search ignores folder names in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search ignores folder names in start menu: I know this was lost a while ago but I miss it. A lot of significant data may be in the folder name. Folder: Microsoft SQL Server tools 18 which contains "profiler". Folder: Microsoft SQL Server tools 17 which contains also contains a shortcut "profiler". For me, I want to...
  8. Windows Start Menu and Settings Search Crash After 2 Letters

in Cortana
    Windows Start Menu and Settings Search Crash After 2 Letters: I’m having a pretty annoying bug in Windows 10, and if I had to pinpoint where I first noticed it, it would be when I was moving applications out of folders in the Start Menu’s Programs folder, as it really annoys me when Office 2003 is in a folder rather than listed out....
  9. Searching for files names containing symbols

in Cortana
    Searching for files names containing symbols: I have a folder containing files which I named with = in the name e.g. "Richmond Division====". They have anything from 1-6 ='s in the name. I want to be able to search for these files, say all the files with four ='s. When I try it comes up with no results. Is there a way...
  10. Start menu search not finding applications?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search not finding applications?: Hi, I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. However once i install programs like Office 2013 i can't find the application exe files by searching in the start menu. If i search for outlook or word in the start menu nothing shows up, this was not an issue in...