Windows 10: Windows 10 search function broken

Discus and support Windows 10 search function broken in Cortana to solve the problem; This is a re-post of a thread that I had initially believed to be answered; however, when the fix was applied (a system restore), the issue was solved.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Yuckyrat, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Yuckyrat Win User

Windows 10 search function broken

This is a re-post of a thread that I had initially believed to be answered; however, when the fix was applied (a system restore), the issue was solved. Windows updated almost immediately afterward, though, and after restarting the issue returned.

Windows 10 search function broken 18841ab9-c5a5-4948-876b-4c7bf482ea9d?upload=true.png

I have tried every fix I can find, and scanning finds no corruptions/errors. The most it ever manages is the small loading animation at the top, which flickers and glitches before vanishing completely.

:)

Yuckyrat, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 search function not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type Services.msc In the search box.

• Select Windows Search

• Restart the services and set the service as Automatic

Method 1: Run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing
      troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 5, 2019
  4. BillBo38 Win User

Search function windows 10

I have a problem with the windows 10 search function.
    None of my epub files is found.
    file: epub no result,
    ext: epub no result,
    *.epub no result,
    Tried to change the app being used from calibre to edge no result

Any suggestions, please.

BillBo38, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 search function broken - Similar Threads - search function broken

2. Windows 10 Search is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search is broken: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 OS build 19044.1766 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 My search is completely broken. Clicking on the search bar opens a completely blank grey window. I've tried running windows troubleshooter, restarting the...
  3. Windows 10 Search is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Search is broken: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 OS build 19044.1766 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 My search is completely broken. Clicking on the search bar opens a completely blank grey window. I've tried running windows troubleshooter, restarting the...
  4. Windows 10 Search is broken

in Cortana
  5. Windows search function is broken.

in Cortana
    Windows search function is broken.: Hi, I recently built a new PC and install windows 10 on it. Then i connected my old Laptop drive to quick copy all of my documents. When I reconnect my old drive to my old Laptop, the Windows 10 search function didn't work. I cant search files or programs, many of the...
  6. Windows 10 Search Broken

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Broken: I open up the start button, and I'm typing. NORMALLY, Windows Start should pop up with the search box and all that and you should be typing like normal FOR ME however, it just types one 1 letter, and just closes. I am unable to search for anything on my PC because of it....
  7. Windows 10 search broken?

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search broken?: I suffered a brief power outage that I believe may have corrupted my Windows 10 search function. [ATTACH] No matter what I type, the window remains blank and unresponsive. I ran chkdsk and sfc, and neither found any corruptions or errors. I have manually restarted the...
  8. Windows 10 Search Function Broken

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Function Broken: Hi all, Hi all, Just today, I got this issue while trying to use Windows 10 to search (I think it's Cortana search): [ATTACH] When I type anything into the search engine (like 'paint' above), nothing shows up - it is just completely black. I rebooted, shut down, and...
  9. Search function windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function windows 10: I have a problem with the windows 10 search function. None of my epub files is found. file: epub no result, ext: epub no result, *.epub no result, Tried to change the app being used from calibre to edge no result Any suggestions, please. 91070
  10. Windows 10 Deployment: Broken Cortana and Search functions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Deployment: Broken Cortana and Search functions: Hi All, Been pulling my hair out for months working with this OS and MDT. I'm creating a master image (Golden) on a virtual machine and when the software for our organization is installed, and a test user logs into the Virtual machine for the first time, Cortana and search...