Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Function Can't Find Folders and Apps

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Function Can't Find Folders and Apps in Cortana to solve the problem; My problem is pretty simple, I have steam and some games from it downloaded onto my laptop, but the windows 10 search function is unable to find the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JackWypiszynski, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Search Function Can't Find Folders and Apps

My problem is pretty simple, I have steam and some games from it downloaded onto my laptop, but the windows 10 search function is unable to find the Steam App anymore, and it never has been able to find the .exe nor the game folders I have downloaded.

Any idea how to fix this?

:)

JackWypiszynski, Jun 29, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. dalchina Win User
    Can't find empty folders using Windows Explorer search function

Hi, this apparently used to...
    How do I find all the empty folders and delete them. - Microsoft Community

but not 'now' (I'm on build 1709)

Other size specifications (non-zero) appear to work.

There are 3rd party tools:
    7 Tools To Find And Delete Empty Folders in Windows • Raymond.CC

Tools like Ultrasearch, Everything, don't help here as far as I can see.

XYPlorer can- but it uses the NTFS MFT to list folder sizes, which explorer can't.

Windows 10 Search Function Can't Find Folders and Apps [​IMG]

dalchina, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Alpde Win User

Windows 10 Search Function Can't Find Folders and Apps

Unable to open any files/folders using Search function on Windows 10.

Original title: I can't open any folder / file from search in windows 10

If I search for some file / folder they are appearing in the search list but most of the time I can't open them from the list which makes the search functionality pretty useless. How to fix this?

Alpde, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Function Can't Find Folders and Apps

1. Windows 10 Search Function Can't Find Folders and Apps - Similar Threads - Search Function Can't

2. Can't find apps in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't find apps in search bar: I resetted my pc and kept my files and I reinstalled most of the app by now but when I try to search for them in the search bar they won't appear for some reason. I got this with nearly every app I recently downloaded except office 365. How do I solve this problem?...
  3. Can't find apps in search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find apps in search bar: I resetted my pc and kept my files and I reinstalled most of the app by now but when I try to search for them in the search bar they won't appear for some reason. I got this with nearly every app I recently downloaded except office 365. How do I solve this problem?...
  4. Can't find apps in search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't application (Fortnite) find it in the apps in Windows 10 or in the folder directory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't application (Fortnite) find it in the apps in Windows 10 or in the folder directory?: Fortnite is installed and I can play it normally, but it is the only app that is not displayed in the Windows settings under Apps&Features. I can't find it on the hard disk either. I went through all folders... Kann Applikation (Fortnite) weder bei den Apps in Windows 10...
  6. Can't Get Windows 10 Search To Find Files In A Specific Folder....

in Cortana
    Can't Get Windows 10 Search To Find Files In A Specific Folder....: I'm hoping someone can help me out here.... I have a folder - C:\MyStuff and I have a bunch of subfolders. I would like to be able to search for things by pressing the Windows key and then typing part of the name. I thought that would be possible - but Windows never...
  7. Windows 10 search function not finding any files in any folders

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search function not finding any files in any folders: I used to be able to type in part of the name of a file in a folder and the search function would find the file and I could click it. In the past couple of months, I have changed nothing but now whenever I search for a file in a folder (even if I type the entire name exactly...
  8. Can't find empty folders using Windows Explorer search function

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't find empty folders using Windows Explorer search function: I'm trying to find all folders that are empty. Within Windows Explorer I select the folder, which contains a number of sub-folders. Click in the search box which then brings up the search options at the top of the window. I select All Subfolders; Type as Folders: Size as...
  9. Folder disappeared - didn't delete and can't find in search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder disappeared - didn't delete and can't find in search: I don't know exactly what happened, but it seems one of my folders has disappeared from my hard drive. I had it in a folder called 'unfinished', I went to move two other folders from that folder to another with no issues, but when I went back to the 'unfinished' folder,...
  10. Search function windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function windows 10: I have a problem with the windows 10 search function. None of my epub files is found. file: epub no result, ext: epub no result, *.epub no result, Tried to change the app being used from calibre to edge no result Any suggestions, please. 91070