Windows 10: Windows 10 search function does not work - shows a blank screen.

Discus and support Windows 10 search function does not work - shows a blank screen. in Cortana to solve the problem; From seemingly out of nowhere, my search function no longer works. When I type something in, the start menu disappears, and no search results are... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by [_Brandon_], Feb 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 search function does not work - shows a blank screen.

From seemingly out of nowhere, my search function no longer works. When I type something in, the start menu disappears, and no search results are returned - instead, all I get is a blank screen.

I have attempted to use the solutions presented in this thread, however neither of them worked for me.

Attached is a screenshot of the problem I'm facing.

Cheers.

Windows 10 search function does not work - shows a blank screen. 091679e3-6300-444d-9f69-ad3e0f531218?upload=true.png

:)

[_Brandon_], Feb 5, 2020

2. Windows Search does not work/ shows blank screen

Suddenly after i logged in my PC today, my search functionality stopped working. It shows blank screen whenever i try to search something. I tried restarting system but does nothing. Attached screenshot for reference.

Windows 10 1903

Windows 10 search function does not work - shows a blank screen. 69231ed5-81cd-4285-acc6-f5db32ca2a5d?upload=true.png

SourabhMhaisekar, Feb 5, 2020
  3. My search function does not work in windows 10

I have windows 10 and a few days ago I could use my search function, just between start and task view. Now the search function shows a blank after entering a word and hitting enter.

Any suggestions? or should I roll back yo windows 8.1?

Jeffrey999, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 search function does not work - shows a blank screen.

Windows 10 Search function not working at all

Hi,

Please reply to a few questions to understand the issue better:

• Are you facing similar issue as the OP?

• Are you not able to find “view all” in the troubleshooter window?

• If you are facing the similar issue as the OP, did you try the suggestion posted
      emTrebe’s?

If you do not find “view all”, follow the steps below to run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter
    and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      troubleshooter and select the top most search result.

• Click on System and security
      from the right side panel of the screen.

• Select Search and Indexing,
      click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

• After the troubleshooting is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

If haven’t tried, follow the suggestion posted by emTrebe on
    May 11, 2016 and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

Write to us for further assistance on search function not working on the computer for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 search function does not work - shows a blank screen.

1. Windows 10 search function does not work - shows a blank screen. - Similar Threads - search function does

2. Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working: Yesterday my computer suddently couldn't load into Windows for some reason, despite me do nothing but I eventually got it back to boot with a USB Stick and some commands. However, now I am noticing that everything seems to be working but the Windows Search just shows a blank...
  3. Search function not working on windows 10.

Search function not working on windows 10.: Hello everyone, I have a question about the search function not working on windows 10.It is not working in the Windows Start, not in the search iconcrashing in a couple of seconds, not in Windows Explorer. Things that I've tried :-Restarting Search service both in task...
  4. Search function does not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search function does not work properly: When I use the search function from the start menù it shows only a tiny fractions of all the result. It is completely broken. In particular it seems impossible to search in the C:/Program Files.How can I solve? I don't have any directory in the "exception"part, I don't have...
  5. Search function does not work properly

Search function does not work properly: When I use the search function from the start menù it shows only a tiny fractions of all the result. It is completely broken. In particular it seems impossible to search in the C:/Program Files.How can I solve? I don't have any directory in the "exception"part, I don't have...
  6. Search Function in Windows 10 File Explorer Does Not Work

in Cortana
    Search Function in Windows 10 File Explorer Does Not Work: I get zero results from any search done directly in the search box in Windows file explorer. If instead I use the search box on the task bar to search for documents, that action copies the search into the search box in file explorer. The search then begins, but because it is...
  7. Search Function Does not Work in Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search Function Does not Work in Windows 10: I have an unanswered followup question in another string, but it seems starting a new question may get results. For about a month, the search function in File Explorer and Win + S and Contana have not worked - I cannot type in the search box. Based on the number of...
  8. Calculator functionality does not work in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Calculator functionality does not work in Windows Search: Hello! In Windows Search Win key + S the calculator, currency converter and other capabilities does not work for me.When I say it for Cortana it works, but in most cases typing would be better. Cortana is enabled and running, but somehow it does not integrate with Search....
  9. Windows 10 search is showing blank screen........!

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search is showing blank screen........!: Clicking the magnifying glass opens the search function and displays blank screen.I want to search for an App on my laptop. So I start typing. As soon as I start typing anything in the search box turns white/blank. Nothing. No error message, no "couldn't find anything"...
  10. Windows Search does not work/ shows blank screen

in Cortana
    Windows Search does not work/ shows blank screen: Suddenly after i logged in my PC today, my search functionality stopped working. It shows blank screen whenever i try to search something. I tried restarting system but does nothing. Attached screenshot for reference. Windows 10 1903 [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i type in my search line all i get is a blank screen

2. win 10 serach shows blank screen

3. yping in windows searc will not opn blank screen