Windows 10: Windows 10 Search function on taskbar keeps crashing making it unusable

Discus and support Windows 10 Search function on taskbar keeps crashing making it unusable in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I use windows 10 and suddenly the search bar in the taskbar has become unusable. I have become quite used to it and hoping someone can help fix... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by EmadIL, Sep 24, 2020.

1. EmadIL Win User

Windows 10 Search function on taskbar keeps crashing making it unusable

Hi,

I use windows 10 and suddenly the search bar in the taskbar has become unusable. I have become quite used to it and hoping someone can help fix it. Everytime I click on it, it pops up as it normally would but the inside is all grey my theme colour and within 2 seconds closes back.

Please let me know if anyone has a solution.

Thanks!

:)

EmadIL, Sep 24, 2020
  2. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Search function on taskbar keeps crashing making it unusable

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Search function on taskbar keeps crashing making it unusable

1. Windows 10 Search function on taskbar keeps crashing making it unusable - Similar Threads - Search function taskbar

2. Desktop keeps refreshing making pc unusable!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop keeps refreshing making pc unusable!: Hey, i was installing an appFL studio and it finished fine. Right when it finished my desktop started to refresh constantly while programs like firefox still worked and i could alt-tab between them but the refreshing was annoying so i restart my pc. Now the pc starts fine and...
  3. Windows 10 Search Unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Unusable: For the past week, my search bar has been unusable. The button exists on my taskbar, sure, and I can click it, but it is buggy. The search bar built into Windows Explorer is also nonfunctional. I have had to resort to using OneCommander and Everything for my file location and...
  4. Windows 10 Search Unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Search Unusable: For the past week, my search bar has been unusable. The button exists on my taskbar, sure, and I can click it, but it is buggy. The search bar built into Windows Explorer is also nonfunctional. I have had to resort to using OneCommander and Everything for my file location and...
  5. Windows 10 Search Unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 Taskbar keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Taskbar keeps crashing: This is a recurring problem that happens every few minutes. The taskbar freezes and does not update whe I hover my mouse over it. Windos shortcuts such as Windows key + r or Windows key + shift + s don't work properly, and even Alt + Tab doesn't work when trying to jump to a...
  7. Windows 10 Taskbar keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar keeps crashing: This is a recurring problem that happens every few minutes. The taskbar freezes and does not update whe I hover my mouse over it. Windos shortcuts such as Windows key + r or Windows key + shift + s don't work properly, and even Alt + Tab doesn't work when trying to jump to a...
  8. Taskbar Search Functionality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Search Functionality: Hello, I'm looking to return functionality to the Taskbar Search feature. Even after all these years I'm still accustomed to pressing the Windows Key then searching for a specific file or folder. It would seem the Win10 search feature is solely for advertising Cortana and...
  9. Windows 10 randomly makes wallpaper blue and taskbar unusable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 randomly makes wallpaper blue and taskbar unusable: https://imgur.com/Ts6og69 Here is a picture. I have online classes in the morning and I am sometimes late due to this, bug?. The only thing that works is Cortana which allows me to load up chrome. Someone pls help. submitted by /u/Old-Nefariousness470 [link] [comments]...
  10. search function on taskbar

in Cortana
    search function on taskbar: just reinstalled win 10 but a large black box p0ps up on screen , emanating from the search white box lower left taskbar and asks me to strart typing , search etc ... it disappears when i press escape bu t alway s returns.. i am using a german keboard , ie selexted in...