Windows 10: Windows 10 search function

Discus and support Windows 10 search function in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why does windows 10 search function not find anything...nothing at all....its an absolute joke of an operating system. Seriously microsoft...sort it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SimonHainsworth, May 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 search function

Why does windows 10 search function not find anything...nothing at all....its an absolute joke of an operating system. Seriously microsoft...sort it out.

:)

SimonHainsworth, May 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 5, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 search function not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type Services.msc In the search box.

• Select Windows Search

• Restart the services and set the service as Automatic

Method 1: Run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing
      troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 5, 2019
  4. BillBo38 Win User

Windows 10 search function

Search function windows 10

I have a problem with the windows 10 search function.
    None of my epub files is found.
    file: epub no result,
    ext: epub no result,
    *.epub no result,
    Tried to change the app being used from calibre to edge no result

Any suggestions, please.

BillBo38, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 search function

1. Windows 10 search function - Similar Threads - search function

2. My search function next to my start button will not stay open for longer than a second.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My search function next to my start button will not stay open for longer than a second.: This has been an issue for how many people for years and still not something that's fixed?I can't even open the start bar. I've reset searchhost.exe. I've updated my computer as much as possible. There are people with BRAND NEW computers that are regularly documenting this...
  3. Search function in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search function in Explorer: When I search in Explorer for something, i get a list of the files which contain that search item. However, I need to know in which folder those files are and I can't see any way of establishing that without actually opening the files. I want to be able to establish in which...
  4. Search function in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search function in Explorer: When I search in Explorer for something, i get a list of the files which contain that search item. However, I need to know in which folder those files are and I can't see any way of establishing that without actually opening the files. I want to be able to establish in which...
  5. Search function in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 11 search function ignores files of a specific extension.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 search function ignores files of a specific extension.: Windows 11 Home Single Language, Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631. The search function ignores all files with .clip extension used by the Clip Studio Paint program, if that is relevant. I have: - Made sure that the folders are included in indexing options. - Manually added...
  7. Windows 11 search function ignores files of a specific extension.

Windows 11 search function ignores files of a specific extension.: Windows 11 Home Single Language, Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631. The search function ignores all files with .clip extension used by the Clip Studio Paint program, if that is relevant. I have: - Made sure that the folders are included in indexing options. - Manually added...
  8. Search Bar Function Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Bar Function Not Working: Hello: my search bar continues to not work. I have tried all of the methods within the community. What is strange is that I am able to paste in text; however, the actual keyboard will not type into the search box. This is extremely frustrating. Please help!...
  9. Search Bar Function Not Working

Search Bar Function Not Working: Hello: my search bar continues to not work. I have tried all of the methods within the community. What is strange is that I am able to paste in text; however, the actual keyboard will not type into the search box. This is extremely frustrating. Please help!...
  10. Updated Windows - Most Pinned Apps on Start Gone, Search Barely Functioning

Updated Windows - Most Pinned Apps on Start Gone, Search Barely Functioning: I just updated Windows tonight and most of my pinned apps on the start menu were gone. I tried searching for them with the search bar but it's unable to find anything. I ran through all the common fixes for the search bar but it still cannot find all the apps. I know some of...