Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Ghost Items

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Ghost Items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; https://i.imgur.com/oxDUFDR.png Does anyone know how many places, and where this information is stored? There is no action on left or right click. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 2allmyhaters, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Search Ghost Items

https://i.imgur.com/oxDUFDR.png

Does anyone know how many places, and where this information is stored?

There is no action on left or right click. I have no idea how to get rid of this ghost item from an outdated now deleted shortcut.

Is this stored in a file? A registry key?
    I just want to know the ways windows 10 search works so I can fix it.

:)

2allmyhaters, Feb 3, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Help Me -- Ghost Programs -- Start search Broken

Thanks for the suggestion but still didn't work. I tried to restart after it problem still there.

Any other suggestions that I haven't done or some same steps that I forgot something.

Kim Isiah Falogme, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Search Ghost Items

eidairaman1, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Ghost Items

1. Windows 10 Search Ghost Items - Similar Threads - Search Ghost Items

2. Ghost box from search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost box from search bar: So I have see many reports of people having reports of a "Ghost Box" stuck on the bottom of their screen above the search feature in windows 11, and I've been having the same issue. Except for me said box appears almost on an hourly basis, and having to open up task manager...
  3. Ghost box from search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost box from search bar: So I have see many reports of people having reports of a "Ghost Box" stuck on the bottom of their screen above the search feature in windows 11, and I've been having the same issue. Except for me said box appears almost on an hourly basis, and having to open up task manager...
  4. Windows 10 Search Ghost Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search Ghost Items: [img] Imgur: The magic of the Internet After uninstalling programs from windows 10 and deleting any associated files and links, the items persist in my windows 10 quick search menu. (Is there an official name for this feature?) Does anybody know where these values are...
  5. Search Displaying Uninstalled Items, and missing Installed Items

in Cortana
    Search Displaying Uninstalled Items, and missing Installed Items: I recently upgraded from Office 2016 to Office 365 and now whenever I type "Word" into the Search bar, the previous version of Word, "Word 2016," comes up and the currently installed version does not. Word 2016 has been uninstalled. I have tried rebuilding my search index...
  6. Search items not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search items not showing: Normally when you click the Windows key & type search words like "RUN" the corresponding programs show up. This is not happening now. All I am getting is a blank screen Screenshot attached. Windows 10 Home single language 64 bit 1909 18363.628 Vijay. [IMG]...
  7. Windows Search Not Finding Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Not Finding Items: [img] Windows doesn't work correctly. I am trying to find OneDrive app but its only showing the folder. Any idea? By the way, i already tried to rebuild my search index but still doesn't work. 123134
  8. Windows 10 ghost bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 ghost bluetooth: Hallo i have a strange problem. My pc dont have any bluetooth devices, but if i right click any file, i have a shortcut : send to bluetooth device. How it is possible? [img] 32058
  9. Windows 10 Search with multiple items of the same name???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Search with multiple items of the same name???: I have installed Adobe Acrobat DC and when I type Acrobat in search the Acrobat Distiller pops up first since it has the same name how do i have it where i type acrobat and the actual program comes up first thanks 18171
  10. Windows 10 search not finding Control Panel items

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 search not finding Control Panel items: Windows 10 is not finding any Control Panel items when I search for them in the taskbar search. On Windows 7 I could type in "Printers" and it would find the "Add / Remove Printer" option. Or I could type "Programs" and it would find the "Programs and Features" Control...