Windows 10: Windows 10 Search icon does nothing

Discus and support Windows 10 Search icon does nothing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; windows Ver 2004 OS Build 19041.508. My system has two Login's. Login1- where when I select the Search icon, nothing happens. (I have removed Cortana... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nod, Sep 22, 2020.

1. NOD
    Nod Win User

Windows 10 Search icon does nothing

windows Ver 2004 OS Build 19041.508.

My system has two Login's.
    Login1- where when I select the Search icon, nothing happens. (I have removed Cortana from this login)
    Login2 where Search operates as I would expect it to.

Here is what I have found in the two login's

Login 1
    under "start" - No Cortana listed
    under "Services" - Windows Search - is Running - Automatic
    Indexing - OFF - 152 indexed items
    In Task Manager
    - Processes - NO Cortana listed
    - Services - WSearch - Running
    in Ccleaner - Cortana - NOT listed - Programs to remove

Indexer Troubleshooter - can't find any problem

Have Run"ResetWindowsSearchBox.ps1"via windows power shell

Login2
    under"start" - Cortana listed.
    under "services" - Windows Search - is running - Automatic
    Indexing - OFF -4217 items indexed
    in Task Manager
    - processes - Cortana (2)
    - Runtime Broker
    - Cortana - suspended
    - Search - suspended
    - Services - WSearch - Running

Ccleaner - Cortana - Listed - Programs to remove

It seems that "Cortana" is the difference between the two!

Iwould like Windows Search back, without Cortana - is it possable?

Thanks

:)

2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 22, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Search icon does nothing - Similar Threads - Search icon does

2. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking search does nothing: When I click on the search box beside start menu it does not do anything at all. It happens suddenly since it is working last week. It is the first time I turn on the computer this week and I noticed that the search box is not working. I check if there is any pending updates...
  3. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking search does nothing: When I click on the search box beside start menu it does not do anything at all. It happens suddenly since it is working last week. It is the first time I turn on the computer this week and I noticed that the search box is not working. I check if there is any pending updates...
  4. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing: Hi there, I've installed a few new updates recently and ever since yesterday, when I click on the Network icon, a grey box appears with the loading wheel and then disappears. [ATTACH] However, if I go into the lock screen Win+L I can still access the list from there?...
  6. Windows 10 search icon does nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 search icon does nothing: Hi guys, Hoping someone can avoid me needing to do a fresh install or refresh (reason being is that I have a heinously large iTunes library and it takes almost a full day for the app to sort itself out and add all my music back). So as I described above, I'm using Windows...
  7. Windows 10 start icon turns red and does nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start icon turns red and does nothing: When I left click on the Windows 10 start icon it turns red for a few seconds, than reverts to white. Nothing opens. A right click produces a black panel with white lettering with a list of actions. Can this be fixed, please?...
  8. Windows 10 search finds nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 search finds nothing: Hi group, I guess the title says it all here. Windows 10 search finds nothing, just grinds and grinds. Appreciate any ideas. 120572
  9. Task View icon does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View icon does nothing: When I click on the Task View button nothing happens. FWIW I login with a LOCAL account not a Microsoft Account, so I'm guessing this feecher only works if one logs in with an MS account. Is that right? If so how the halibut is it supposed to work for Domain users? Dave...
  10. Network icon showing but clicking does nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network icon showing but clicking does nothing: Hello. I have recently clean installed Windows 10 CU. I am testing Windows 10 in a dual boot scenario with my Windows 7 installation. I have done about a dozen installs but this is the first time this problem has occurred. The Network Icon shows up in the system tray....