Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Icon suddenly increased in size on new install

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Icon suddenly increased in size on new install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This is a new install of windows and after an update the taskbar search icon looks weirdly big. Does anyone know what caused this and how i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xVirusHDx, May 5, 2023.

1. Windows 10 Search Icon suddenly increased in size on new install

/u/xVirusHDx, May 5, 2023
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

Font/ icon size in Windows 10!

Hi Jud,

Based on the information that you've shared, we'd need additional details to determine the cause of your concern.

We'd like to know the following:

• If you're looking to increase the desktop icon's font size.
    • If you're looking to increase the size of the desktop icon.
    • The troubleshooting steps that you've already performed.
    • The version of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, May 5, 2023
  3. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 5, 2023
  4. Deno206 Win User

Windows 10 Search Icon suddenly increased in size on new install

Windows 10, How does one increase the size of the tooltips text for icons on the Task Bar ?

Had already tried out the steps above, several times even with 10240 a few weeks back.

To date even with the current RTM version, this issue of task bar icons text not increasing in size is still there.

I have Windows 10 Pro on a laptop and PC tower ; both have the same problem . I had explored all known avenues to solve the issue which is clear-cut without success.

Then posted the question earlier today for further help.

Deno206, May 5, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Icon suddenly increased in size on new install

1. Windows 10 Search Icon suddenly increased in size on new install - Similar Threads - Search Icon suddenly

2. Windows 10 Search Icon suddenly increased in size on new install

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Search Icon suddenly increased in size on new install: This is a new install of windows and after an update the taskbar search icon looks weirdly big. Does anyone know what caused this and how i could revert this to its original size[moved from de-de]...
  3. Sudden increase in zoom/icon size/screen tint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden increase in zoom/icon size/screen tint: All in one go, my screen took on a greenish tint, affecting everything all apps, desktop, etc.; e.g., in the toolbar, the Google Chrome icon has a pale blue center dot, but is surrounded by three shades of green, not red/green yellow; and the fox in the Firefox icon is green...
  4. Sudden increase in zoom/icon size/screen tint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden increase in zoom/icon size/screen tint: All in one go, my screen took on a greenish tint, affecting everything all apps, desktop, etc.; e.g., in the toolbar, the Google Chrome icon has a pale blue center dot, but is surrounded by three shades of green, not red/green yellow; and the fox in the Firefox icon is green...
  5. Increasing icon size in Finale Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increasing icon size in Finale Music: I am using Finale Music on Windows 10 and I cannot increase the size of the tool icons. Finale's own solution doesn't work, and I'm suspecting it is because of the DPI of my laptop. Has anyone met this problem ?...
  6. Increase size of search window

in Cortana
    Increase size of search window: Hello, I am facing the issue of getting a search box like this [ATTACH] But I want it like this [ATTACH] can You please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-size-of-search-window/15e46f98-73f3-47e7-9698-2ba92af396aa
  7. How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?

How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?: My old eyes don't read the text as readily as I like. I want to increase the text size on the icons without increasing icon size. Is this possible?...
  8. Increase ICON label font size???????

Increase ICON label font size???????: Seems I can adjust all the font sizes in Windows 10 and ICON sizes but the ICON labels remain tiny. Any fix coming for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-icon-label-font-size/f56feeaf-3894-4e38-9eba-2b9d5fdcad0d
  9. How to increase size of icons on taskbar windows 10?

How to increase size of icons on taskbar windows 10?: Just switched to W10 from W7, can't seem to find a way to increase the size of the icons in my taskbar. All the solutions I've found are either 5 or more years old or make other things larger- text, desktop icons, everything. All I want to do is make the Taskbar icons...
  10. App icons increase in size

in Windows 10 Support
    App icons increase in size: The app icons on my PC increase in size every time l turn on my PC. I know how to reset them, right click, click view etc. but why does it keep happening? My google page is ridiculously enlarged and l don't know how to reset that. 68371