Windows 10: Windows 10 search is showing blank screen........!

Discus and support Windows 10 search is showing blank screen........! in Cortana to solve the problem; Clicking the magnifying glass opens the search function and displays blank screen.I want to search for an App on my laptop. So I start typing. As soon... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Praneeth-Kallam, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 search is showing blank screen........!

Clicking the magnifying glass opens the search function and displays blank screen.I want to search for an App on my laptop. So I start typing. As soon as I start typing anything in the search box turns white/blank. Nothing. No error message, no "couldn't find anything" message, no results whatsoever - just a blank box and not even able to see Bing suggestions. This error only recently popped up. I hadn't done any changes to the laptop or OS. No new software, etc.

:)

Praneeth-Kallam, Feb 5, 2020
  2. bro67 Win User

Mapped network drive shows only blank screen

Umm that is not a blank screen. That is a blank Windows Explorer window. It is showing at the top that there is nothing in that folder. Suggest you try with another device to find out if that folder really does have something in it.

bro67, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 search is showing blank screen........!

Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving a blank screen with mouse cursor after login to Windows. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What happens when you boot the computer to Safe Mode?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the section I see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10
    from the article
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 search is showing blank screen........!

1. Windows 10 search is showing blank screen........! - Similar Threads - search showing blank

2. Windows Security shows a blank screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security shows a blank screen on Windows 10: I received a virus which I frantically uninstalled but it demolished my Windows Defender.When I open Windows Security/Defender all it shows is a blank window That says 'Security At a Glance - See what's happening with the security and health of your device and take any...
  3. Windows Security shows a blank screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security shows a blank screen on Windows 10: I received a virus which I frantically uninstalled but it demolished my Windows Defender.When I open Windows Security/Defender all it shows is a blank window That says 'Security At a Glance - See what's happening with the security and health of your device and take any...
  4. Windows Security shows a blank screen on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows security showing Blank Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security showing Blank Screen: Hi there:I am wondering why my Windows security open but showing blank screen. Once or twice in a while. I close it and open again and again but facing same blank screen problem. Is anyone else facing the same issue? And when i run mpcmdrun.exe command in Run it shows Windows...
  6. Windows 10 Laptop showing blank screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Laptop showing blank screen: Please help out, my PC shows signs of running while powered up but it's showing a blank screen. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-laptop-showing-blank-screen/9b1dba30-7d65-4626-87a2-479a56279004
  7. Windows Search showing blank apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search showing blank apps?: [ATTACH] Alright, so I have an app that changes directories sometimes, but whenever it updates (that's when it changes directories), but now it stays in the Windows Search with no real way of removing it. I can still access it (because of the desktop shortcuts), but the...
  8. Windows 10 search function does not work - shows a blank screen.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search function does not work - shows a blank screen.: From seemingly out of nowhere, my search function no longer works. When I type something in, the start menu disappears, and no search results are returned - instead, all I get is a blank screen. I have attempted to use the solutions presented in this thread, however neither...
  9. Windows 10 Search not loading, showing blank window

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search not loading, showing blank window: The Search menu on my Windows 10 suddenly stopped working. When I click the Search icon, or type something in Start menu, it just shows a blank search window. I've tried rebuilding index, sfc /scannow, dism restore, and creating a new local user account. None of them...
  10. Windows Search does not work/ shows blank screen

in Cortana
    Windows Search does not work/ shows blank screen: Suddenly after i logged in my PC today, my search functionality stopped working. It shows blank screen whenever i try to search something. I tried restarting system but does nothing. Attached screenshot for reference. Windows 10 1903 [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 search displays blank screen

2. search showing black screen in windows

3. window 10 search not working just showing black screen

4. windows 10 search blank screen,
  5. search in blank laptop,
  6. search programs blank screen on windows 10,
  7. blank search screen windows 10