Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Issues. Windows Update 1909

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Issues. Windows Update 1909 in Cortana to solve the problem; Windows Search just breaks after 1, or 2 keystrokes. Windows treats itself like I'm doing a right click when I'm typing, when I'm not. Tried doing... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AK U, Nov 24, 2019.

1. AK U Win User

Windows 10 Search Issues. Windows Update 1909

Windows Search just breaks after 1, or 2 keystrokes. Windows treats itself like I'm doing a right click when I'm typing, when I'm not.

Tried doing this without a mouse installed and the problem persisted.

I've also updated to the latest version on Windows Update.

I've also tried the stuff outlined here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4520146/fix-problems-in-windows-search. None worked.

I tried booting into safe mode. Search works PERFECTLY. There must be something that gets triggered and fails spectacularly on startup that's causing this problem.

Whenever I click ANYWHERE on Task View, it opens up the "Right Click" dialog. It's like Windows is constantly thinking I'm right clicking. This applies to Notifications Tab, as well as the Windows dialog that opens when you press the Windows key.

This is happening on Windows Update 1909.

If anyone can help, I'd be really grateful.

Example photos:

Pressing the "Start" button triggers the Right Click Dialog like so. If I try to press other buttons, Windows ignores the inputs entirely.

Windows 10 Search Issues. Windows Update 1909 142b0d89-6b67-4d0b-9a54-78a7dd825f06?upload=true.jpg

Settings Search Bar:

Same problem here.

Windows 10 Search Issues. Windows Update 1909 beb99d19-5680-4213-aedc-394f9cfc3c26?upload=true.jpg

This is proving to be a big problem because I can't get to any of my apps because the Search function is busted. Literally LEFT CLICKING the search box triggers the RIGHT CLICK dialog. I have no idea what's going on.

:)

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary device not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Search Issues. Windows Update 1909

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Issues. Windows Update 1909

1. Windows 10 Search Issues. Windows Update 1909 - Similar Threads - Search Issues Update

2. Issues updating Windows 10 1909 to Windows 10 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues updating Windows 10 1909 to Windows 10 21H1: My computer runs Windows 10 1909. I have tried to update it ever since 2004 came out. First, I tried through the Settings app, and it failed. It left the error code 0xc1900101. Next, I downloaded the Windows 10 Update Assistant, and it also did not work. Then I downloaded the...
  3. Windows 10 1909 issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 issue: I've been having issues with my windows since the last security update back around march 9 booting it up takes like 30 minutes now and when I check the disk usage my main hdd is running at 100% only program draining it seems to be system.exe, I've had corrupted hdd's before...
  4. Windows 10 1909 search not responding.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 search not responding.: Hi, I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro to 1909 November '19 update. Everything worked fine until today when I turned on my laptop and tried to search a file by its name, nothing showed up. Not even the search bar and its interface do anything. I have included a video of...
  5. Windows 10 1909 - Search Button

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 - Search Button: How to disable windows explorer search button don't need press button when I search. Make it auto like the previous version? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1909-search-button/3242a756-665b-41cc-b6a8-1c420084a108
  6. windows 10 search 1909

in Cortana
    windows 10 search 1909: When I open windows 10 search it is always blank and it does not shows any result can I get help in this issue Thanks you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-1909/c53d1715-0b49-46ec-96c3-fa7fb0af16d4"
  7. Windows 10 update 1909 Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update 1909 Issue: Issue related to internet connection and restart/hibernation on windows after new update. My issue is related to only none edge browsers loading websites slow with some taking 5 minutes or more. This was random and if I tried to use the troubleshooting option the connection...
  8. 1909 Update file explorer search issue.

in Cortana
    1909 Update file explorer search issue.: New 1909 update broke the file explorer search. Now after file explorer window has been open 10+ minutes the search option is grayed out. Text does not show in the bar and the only way to be able to type again is to task kill file explorer from taskmgr. I have tried to run...
  9. Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue: What happened to explorer search? Unable to paste the copied file name to search for as it was in previous versions. I have to manually type the file name and press Enter. This is terrible! Why does Microsoft only make things worse with each new version ?!...
  10. windows update 1909 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update 1909 issue: Hello i want update my windows to version 1909 but in instalation of this update windows tells me that i must uinstall mcafee endpoint security threat prevention but i alredy did it a also use MCPR but this program stopped on removing product MFP and stay like that until I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1909 cannot open settings

2. windows 10 update 1909 right button does not work in file explorer search

3. cortana gone version 1909

4. Kill cortana version 1909,
  5. cortana search issue,
  6. insider update problem from 1909,
  7. cortana not in start menu latest windows update 1909,
  8. what happened to cortana after windows 1909 version,
  9. 1909 w10 update,
  10. windows update 1909 cosrtana search doesnt show results,
  11. issues with windows search 1909,