Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Keeps adding C Drive to Excluded Folders

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Keeps adding C Drive to Excluded Folders in Cortana to solve the problem; Every few days, Windows 10 Search stops working. When I go into Settings... Search... Searching Windows, I'll notice that "C:\" keeps being added to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by TylerBarker1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Search Keeps adding C Drive to Excluded Folders

Every few days, Windows 10 Search stops working. When I go into Settings... Search... Searching Windows, I'll notice that "C:\" keeps being added to the Excluded Folders, after I keep removing it.

:)

TylerBarker1, Jan 20, 2021

2. Excluding folders in Windows Search

Hi,

I'd like to set Windows Search so that the search only searches within the user's C:\Users folder. Alternatively, I'd be happy if the Search searched the whole PC, but excluded the ability to search within other users' folders.

I tried setting the Find My Files setting to Enhanced and added everyone else's User folder to the excluded list. However, exactly the same excluded folder list appears within each user's own Windows, which is clearly not what I need. Each user needs a different set of folders excluded from Search. I just can't figure out how to do this.

Is anyone able to help please?

Thanks

M

Windows 10 version 1909

zaarin2003, Jan 20, 2021
  3. My new Windows 10 " Search" excludes the C: drive.

My new Windows 10 " Search" excludes the C: drive. How to search C:?

ChristerFosseus, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Clock404 Win User

Windows 10 Search Keeps adding C Drive to Excluded Folders

Windows indexing is not excluding folders that are excluded

Hello,

My Windows start menu Windows search is showing results from the AppData folder despite the AppData folder being set as an excluded folder. My Windows 10 "Searching Windows" setting is set to classic and the excluded folder is clearly shown on the list.
    The issue persists ever after rebuilding the index. How can I fix this?

Clock404, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Keeps adding C Drive to Excluded Folders

1. Windows 10 Search Keeps adding C Drive to Excluded Folders - Similar Threads - Search Keeps adding

2. Adding to C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding to C drive: I have been trying to add my new ssd onto my C drive for the past 3 days now but all the of the unlocated storage goes to disk 0 while the c drive is in disk 1. Is there a way to make the unlocated storage got to the other disk. Both storage devices are SSD...
  3. Adding to C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding to C drive: I have been trying to add my new ssd onto my C drive for the past 3 days now but all the of the unlocated storage goes to disk 0 while the c drive is in disk 1. Is there a way to make the unlocated storage got to the other disk. Both storage devices are SSD...
  4. iCloud Drive excludes folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud Drive excludes folders?: Hi, guys, I have decided to use my iCloud storage to synchronize my documents from notebook and desktop PC. No sooner said than done. Installed on both PCs and pushed the files together. Unfortunately, it is now the case that some folders are not synchronized for some...
  5. Excluding folders in Windows Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Excluding folders in Windows Search: Hi, I'd like to set Windows Search so that the search only searches within the user's C:\Users folder. Alternatively, I'd be happy if the Search searched the whole PC, but excluded the ability to search within other users' folders. I tried setting the Find My Files setting...
  6. Windows defender keeps scanning excluded folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows defender keeps scanning excluded folder: Hello, these two images show setup of windows defender and hdd usage by antivirus. I excluded folder from VMUbuntu and vmem file from defender and then I see it scanning exactly the same folder and file. This permanently blocks my computer and I have to shut it down...
  7. exclude drive / directory from windows search

in Cortana
    exclude drive / directory from windows search: I am a photographer, I have photos that date back roughly 10+ years or so stored on 7 to 8 hard drives. I am trying to locate photos from a certain month but need to exclude 2 directories on 2 of the hard drives from the search. The search term that I am using at the moment...
  8. Windows indexing is not excluding folders that are excluded

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows indexing is not excluding folders that are excluded: Hello, My Windows start menu Windows search is showing results from the AppData folder despite the AppData folder being set as an excluded folder. My Windows 10 "Searching Windows" setting is set to classic and the excluded folder is clearly shown on the list. The issue...
  9. Windows Defender not adding excluded files and folders.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender not adding excluded files and folders.: Hi, Today I tried to exclude files and folders in Windows Defender. Although I managed to select a file nothing was shown in the exclude window. I tried different files and folders on other drives but nothing was actually selected by Defender. Is this a bug? OS:...
  10. Add or Remove Excluded Folders for Search Indexer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Excluded Folders for Search Indexer in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Excluded Folders for Search Indexer in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Excluded Folders for Search Indexer in Windows 10 Indexing the content of your PC helps you get faster results when your searching it for files, emails, or other local content....